Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after two years of testing myset up is still running strong.

Two years ago I got my friend who is a Aircraft Tech to take a almost mint JRSC kit and modify it to have two Laminova cores added to it plus increase air flow. I have been using this kit have raced 2 Hill Climbs here in Kelowna B.C and two Lapping days also. Plus daily use and hard back road bombs.

http://vimeo.com/29607328

Knox MTN Hill Climb 2011

Dyno number last year with unported head and still 2.25 Exhuast and Chambered Spoon muffler

224 HP at 7800 rpm
160 FT at 5600 rpm.

Motor D16y8 with Crower stage two NA cam and springs
Nothing else done to motor just street tunning and a little dyno time.

More Photos to come, daily driving IAT's around 110F to 130F

15 Minute laping days full WOT dataloged 190F at highest temp.

I ported the inside of the inlet to blower and manifold runners big time, and the S-tube was increased to 2.5 inchs. I used a mustang cobra water pump and a ebay heat exchanger. The set up works great stil retains bone stock mounting postion. I was also running a 3.4 pulley with the y8 crank pulley seeing 7.5 pounds of boost this year with the ported cylinder head.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
End tank before welding

·
Meat Popsicle
2,918 Posts
I've seen pics of your supercharger setup a couple of times here-and-there over the last few years...gotta say I love it. I've always wanted to see some better pics of it. I like the use of the laminova cores in the manifold with built-in end tanks and the custom s-tube. Have been thinking of doing something like that for a while now, good to see similar ideas that have worked. Rep for posting the video and the pics.

·
Registered
774 Posts
hey glad to see you join us here. love your youtube vids. im subscribe to you already...

yeah your design made me change mine. just need to do the end tanks. and then test and tune. thanks for all your help from months ago on HT

·
Registered
774 Posts
I've seen pics of your supercharger setup a couple of times here-and-there over the last few years...gotta say I love it. I've always wanted to see some better pics of it. I like the use of the laminova cores in the manifold with built-in end tanks and the custom s-tube. Have been thinking of doing something like that for a while now, good to see similar ideas that have worked. Rep for posting the video and the pics.
that was me, i posted links to this in my JRSC intercool thread:)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys it was fun well it lasted. Im currently going back NA for racing reasons. So this is going up for sale soon. I think big gains in this setup were made in the flow of the blower its self. The fact that the material is thiner the s-tube is just plain bigger also. I mean the cores do the job over time when boosting hard. The big down fall to any JRSC is that stupid s-tube. I cut my stock one open and it was so small and so much casting shit inside. The entry to the blower was increased also.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
awesome work, even if you arent rocking it anymore.

do you have any creation pictures throughout the process?

·
Registered
789 Posts
What shifter are you running in the car? Nice civic and sweet JRSC set up! Any ideas on what the na build will be yet?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What shifter are you running in the car? Nice civic and sweet JRSC set up! Any ideas on what the na build will be yet?
Yep thanks Transex Fastline, I have very minty D16y8 in the car Maybe 110,000 km on the motor. I ported the head my self Im a but worried about how much a opened the entry in the intake runners them self for going NA. The runners on the JRSC unit were a terrible match to the stock Honda head. I want a to build low 10.0 Compression D and use my crower cam. Thinking Skunk to manifold and KIdd racing header. And spend the rest on tunning. Im going to invest most of the money in the trans with some short gears in the y8 tranny I have.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Thanks guys it was fun well it lasted. Im currently going back NA for racing reasons. So this is going up for sale soon. I think big gains in this setup were made in the flow of the blower its self. The fact that the material is thiner the s-tube is just plain bigger also. I mean the cores do the job over time when boosting hard. The big down fall to any JRSC is that stupid s-tube. I cut my stock one open and it was so small and so much casting shit inside. The entry to the blower was increased also.
Yep thanks Transex Fastline, I have very minty D16y8 in the car Maybe 110,000 km on the motor. I ported the head my self Im a but worried about how much a opened the entry in the intake runners them self for going NA. The runners on the JRSC unit were a terrible match to the stock Honda head. I want a to build low 10.0 Compression D and use my crower cam. Thinking Skunk to manifold and KIdd racing header. And spend the rest on tunning. Im going to invest most of the money in the trans with some short gears in the y8 tranny I have.
why not go high compression and keep the JRSC? those are my plans.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
DO you have any datalogs showing the effectiveness of the intercooler (i.e. IATs with and without coolant flow under the same conditions)?
Have you ever tried calculating its efficiency?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts