Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Honda Civic HX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys :) my first post woohoo!. I have been wanting to get into these forums for a bit now but been a bit busy. My plans for this ride is certainly going to be turbo. I was told to send the block out to get cast iron sleeves if I really wanted to boost the shit out of it ha ha. Few pics I will post right now. Interior, Exterior, and motor. That way I am not being a tease..no one likes a tease. Don't mind the body or the gay ass drift sticker on the sides from the owner that obviously didn't realize that it's not a fucking FR. If you can look past that you will realize the new owner knows better. Even though the other owner knew how to swap a motor like a champ cause it runs great. So any advice is most appreciated guys. What would you do with it if it were your own car?

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
if your going to boost it there is no need for sleeves unless going for more than 400hp, i would just get forged rods and pistons and call it good. i boosted my hx and i am making 166hp and 149 tq on the d16y5 block

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
pretty clean. good start there. good stuff

·
Registered
1997 Honda Civic HX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if your going to boost it there is no need for sleeves unless going for more than 400hp, i would just get forged rods and pistons and call it good. i boosted my hx and i am making 166hp and 149 tq on the d16y5 block
Hmm, and what brand of those pistons and rods would you suggest on a budget my friend? And I would imagine I would have to go pretty expensive on the Turbo. Also no sure if the intake of mine is going to do any justice.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Thank you sir this is my first ever civic!:)
always nice to see someone give a civic a try, u'll be able to find about just any info on here u could possible think of. a lot of knowledge and a lot of its been 10 mil times, so whatever your plans might be you'll def have the holly grail of d series info at ur finger tips :greddy: done.

·
Registered
1997 Honda Civic HX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
always nice to see someone give a civic a try, u'll be able to find about just any info on here u could possible think of. a lot of knowledge and a lot of its been 10 mil times, so whatever your plans might be you'll def have the holly grail of d series info at ur finger tips :greddy: done.
Thanks man. Only issue I am having right now with my HX is my headlight harness on the passenger side that is stock seems to have some ground issue cause one stays bright while the other doesn't. Probably just gonna replace the whole harness.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like you already know the best solution to the headlight issue. But to answer your original question: I would start piecing together the turbo kit affordably. and don't give in and waste money on headers since you will be getting rid of them anyways when you boost also don't waste money on exhaust your best bet is have exhaust shop make it custom for your car and downpipe when you turbo. A/c is already out so the turbo options are endless just remember you don't want one too big for your application. Boost lag blows. Read up on some forced induction tutorials and grasp the concept fully before buying anything at all because your plans could change. and to answer question two. contact Greg at Go-Autoworks they have some pretty affordable rod and piston kits. And no need for the sleeves till way down the road unless you got the extra cash when your building it the first time. GL

·
Registered
1997 Honda Civic HX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like you already know the best solution to the headlight issue. But to answer your original question: I would start piecing together the turbo kit affordably. and don't give in and waste money on headers since you will be getting rid of them anyways when you boost also don't waste money on exhaust your best bet is have exhaust shop make it custom for your car and downpipe when you turbo. A/c is already out so the turbo options are endless just remember you don't want one too big for your application. Boost lag blows. Read up on some forced induction tutorials and grasp the concept fully before buying anything at all because your plans could change. and to answer question two. contact Greg at Go-Autoworks they have some pretty affordable rod and piston kits. And no need for the sleeves till way down the road unless you got the extra cash when your building it the first time. GL
Thanks man. The harness is pretty cheap at Advanced Auto so I am just gonna pick it up from there. But yup that was the point of keeping A/C out cause I know there will be plenty of room ;). Thanks for your help man.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts