Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Civic
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i thought it was time to show off what i have and plan to do in the future instead of just lurking through everyone else threads.
I bought the car of my dads friend in December 2007. The car was pretty much bone stock except for a Pro 1 Header. The car also was blowing smoke when I bought it(the rings were fucked.) So I bought a newer Y7 for $150 and did my first engine swap. The newer motor also came with a AEM Cold Air Intake and Taylor Pro Spiro "409" race spark plug wires. I later on added a full magnaflow exhaust and took the Cat out and put in a test pipe. After getting tired of my girlfriend bitching about how loud my exhaust was and me getting tired of the riceyness I put the cat back in. I also got a full Suspension Techniques Lower Front and Rear sway bars to stiffen the bitch up. This is the car to date:

[/IMG]

December 2008 I bought a Y8 head to do a mini-me swap (YAY V-tack!). I also purchased a AEM Adjustable Cam Gear, Comp Cams Severe Cam, Comp Cams Adjustable Valve Springs, Comp Cams Retainers, ARP head studs, bigger injectors. All I'm waiting on is getting the head ground and all the goodness will be installed.
I also plan to have the car turbo'd by August and tuned with Crome. I also have picked up some 93 Integra rear disc brakes and all i need is the prop valve. The plan is to keep her as a good DD cuz i drive about a 110kms a day but also have fun with her.

Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly welcome....

Current Modifications:
Pro 1 Header
AEM Cold Air Intake
Magnaflow Street Performance Exhaust CatBack
Taylor “409” Spiro Pro Race Wires
Optima Yellow Top Battery
B&M Short Shifter with Type R Shift Knob
Suspension Techniques Lower Front and Lower Rear sway bars
Suspension Techniques Sport Tech lowering Springs 1.5" Drop
FRD 008 16x7 rims wrapped in Firenza ST-08s

·
Registered
1990 integra
470 Posts
And do you have a y8 intake manifold? You might want to get one.
yea you def. need one because the top mount y7 sucks ass you will get nowhere with that thing

·
Registered
1996 Civic
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya the y8 head came with everything needed for the swap (manifold, ecu, map sensor...etc)
i was thinking of going the coil over route as well

·
Registered
1996 Civic
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So i finally did some spring cleaning to the car seeing how the snow just finally melted and put the rims on finally....

Gave the engine bay a quick wash down at the car wash

the before.....

the after.....

I used some "Mothers Body Scrub" on it and I looks a bit better...
(stupid spitfire sticker outline is still there tho...)

·
Registered
1996 Civic
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
so I had the day off so I decided to dyno the car to get an accurate starting point for my build....

all the boys at the shop were super skepticala about me breaking the 100hp.... but she pushed through with an extra 2 :D

·
Registered
1996 Civic
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was planning on running the car with Crome but hearing/reading some horror stories I'm kinda not sure. I'm not against paying for software but I also not a big fan of paying an arm and leg for Hondata. What do you guys think of ectune??

·
Registered
1996 Civic
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
no new parts or work on the car lately (been way to busy with work) but just a couple a new shots....

Interior

·
Registered
1996 Civic
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Valve cover paint job....

Pic of myself cleaning the bitch

Wrinkle Paint FTW

Not to shabby

·
Registered
1996 Civic
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Time to lower the bitch..

The before:

The after:

Front:

Back:

So I did all the work my self at my brothers garage last weekend. I really wish I would have had my camera with me, so I could have made a DIY out of it. The kit was Suspension Techniques Sport Tech lowering Springs, the overall drop came out to 1.5" inches which is perfect and more and I would be rubbing on everything....(now I only rub on half the shit on the road lol.)

and random motor pic (hopefully one of the last pics of the y7....)

·
Registered
1996 Civic
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
It's looking good is a turbo coming soon?
Yup, just currently gathering parts, so far I have:
The Turbo.....(keeping it a secret until build time but it does have an internal wastegate)
HKS SSQV BOV
Greddy Turbo Timer
HRC Intercooler
XS Speed Manifold

So really all I need now Is my piping and my tuning software...

·
Registered
1996 Civic
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Got my turbo all bolted up to my manifold a couple of nights and took a couple teaser pics......
(Sorry about the shity quality of the photos I took them with my crackberry.)

(LOOK CLOSELY IN THIS ONE....)

·
Registered
1996 Civic
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks good. I guess that turbo is a t25/t28 am I right?
correct and its a Nissan Turbo... its also been custom rebuilt by the Turbo guy in town so I'm not quite sure the exact facts about...
The story behind it was my brother had the thing custom rebuilt for a customer of his and put in the guys 240sx and he ran it for 100kms at 10psi and brought it back because he said he needed more power. So he gave it to my brother and I got it from him.
But on the dyno the thing made decent power so w/e his lose my gain lol....and its practically brand new

1 - 20 of 117 Posts