Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Honda Accord LX
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Adam408 Introduction

Hey, whats up.. I haven't posted up my current ride.. so here are some pics..

First ill say she is bone stock.. In the future, i'll put some intake, headers, and exhaust. Some rims, and suspension. She has a good body, just needs a paint job, carbon fiber hood/trunk. Stuff like that this is my DD, my beast is going to be my civic :p

·
Registered
1996 Honda Accord LX
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm thinking in the future a chipped p28, and some ITB's .. I kind of wanted to keep it N/A since its my daily driver... but maybe a little boost wont hurt.. ill have to ponder that..
I have lots of time. I want to build up my turbo d16z6 first.

I'm definitatly going to make it look a little better and do some bolt ons before I worry about that. She has alot of potential.

·
Registered
89'civic sedan lx
1,493 Posts
welcome to the DS..looks good man..not a fan of accords but its still a honda to me..lol..take off the hubs and roll steelies..lol..

·
Registered
1996 Honda Accord LX
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welcome to the DS..looks good man..not a fan of accords but its still a honda to me..lol..take off the hubs and roll steelies..lol..
lol thanks for the welcome..

ill be getting some new wheels sooner or later. I think taking off the hubs would look ugly lol..

I just bought a short ram intake for this bitch, bidding on some 4-2-1 headers also.

·
Registered
1996 Honda Accord LX
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I need help, I'm replacing the right halfshaft, and I dont know what this part that may be damaged is. Need to know if I should buy and replace it. Nor do I know how to remove it(seems like a tapered bearing) so I can inspect it and replace it.

Its the smaller Outer diameter of the shaft that is before the spines. Is this where the differenital bearing rides? if so.. I think i may need a new one.. the shaft right there is all gawled(sp?).. looks like its in the transmission.

I need to know if its the differential bearing,if not what is this part that rides on the end of the halfshaft before splines?(smaller diameter on inner halfshaft), and if its removable without taking out the tranny. Looks like it is..

I've tried to find an exploded view or parts list of the transmission and halfshaft but i couldn't find a diagram or much information on this part.

any help would be appreciated and repped !!!

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
If I could I would love to build an accord. But having another project will just slow my current project down. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
1996 Honda Accord LX
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Looks like its the differential, not the bearing.. I'm going to inspect it, see if its smooth. Go get a new half shaft and measure it and grab a gage pine that size to make sure it fits in the differential, if it doesn't ill smooth it out until i can get my gage pin to go.. I hope nothing is wrong with my differential or tranny :(

·
Registered
1996 Honda Accord LX
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my shaft seal, and with a little smoothing out of the differential and checking the fit,, was able to slide my new half shaft right in no problems.

Went for a test drive, inspected. will do more driving and inspect more.. All in all, I loved the experience, and seems like I did it right the first time,*knocks on wood* :)

·
Registered
1996 Honda Accord LX
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you guys.. I saw how shitty my stock accord intake system was,, and I was going to make something up.. But then I saw some ebay short ram intakes.. and I bought one. Not really having high hope..

If anything if it sucks... ill use the material and filter to make my own... but I can't see how it'll be worse then stock...

The stock intake system had it air going all the fuck over.. it was ridiculous... I'm sure there were soo much response and just air restriction in general.. barely any of the connecting pipes had seals.. or anything.. lol so yeah we'll see

The short ram I got. I'll post apic of it on my car, after work tomorrow once I finish the monting, and get some daylight again.

·
Registered
1996 Honda Accord LX
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

lol, funny before I was against taking off the hubs..... but now I did this half shaft change and I had taken the hub off my Wheel.. it wouldn't look too bad if I cleaned it..

Plus I was having trouble getting it back on.. and i didn't wanna snap it so i just left it off for now because I was in a hurry to just test drive it...

Now I'm thinking of rolling steelies, I'll clean them up maybe get some black lugs lol, it'll look alright we'll see.... Post a pic tomorrow when its light out!

·
Registered
1996 Honda Accord LX
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I changed my mind, I don't like the look that much. Lol.

I've decided to paint my hubcaps, since they were in horrible condition.

So I started out, being lazy about it, not prepping at all. Then I saw how shitty it came out.. and decided I better do a little prepping.

I just bead blasted them, and I think it'll be enough.

3 layers of black. 2 light, 1 medium. About 1 min in between coats. Waited 30 mins after first 3 coats, and came back and did some touch ups. Heres what they look like before clear coat.

·
Registered
1996 Honda Accord LX
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Did pretty much the same technique when I sprayed the clear coat, here how it came out.

Here is how they look on the car.

We will see how long it will last.. I'm thinking about cleaning up the rims and painting those too.. probably a different color then black.

On another note.. I need to take pictures of my short ram air on now.. looks cools, sounds nice too.. I can't say I notice a difference.. but I'm sure it can't be worse. that stock air intake system was crap.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
looks pretty good!

·
Registered
1996 Honda Accord LX
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got some goodies for my baby.. Full exhaust system and I have some coilovers coming in the mail. I'm thinking of getting some new shocks before I install the coilovers though.. The exhaust is going in this weekend.

Time for the pics!

Also, Pic of my new intake filter. night shot, but you can see.

·
Registered
1996 Honda Accord LX
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Had one hell of a weekend, this was my first exhaust install.. wasn't as easy as I thought but all in all, it's still easy.

Ran into a couple snags at first.

When I first installed my header, it was leaking at the cat, the exhaust pipes were literally pulling the cat away from my header, so I had to disconnect everything, and actually I was using the wrong bolts too. I was using the ones for the doughnut gasket and I was just using a flange set-up.

Switched from the spring loaded bolt to just a bolt and locknut, worked much better.. Had my header and cat hooked up, went to hook up my exhaust pipes to the back of the cat , but man I had my cat's hangers all twisted when it was mounted to the header, so I had to disconnect the cat from the head again and start over LOL.

This time I made sure all the hangers were lined up correctly and started bolting everything up. Started with the header, and worked my way down one piece at a time this time it all bolted up and nothing was twisted, just some brute strength to stretch the rubber hangers so I could get the bolt through the flanges and thread the nut LOL, that was the most tiring part.. boy I wish I had a shop with a car lift.

All in all it took me about 5-6 hours with me breaking to go smoke some every once in awhile.

After taking it out, I like it. I do want a different muffler I'm thinking though.. maybe a flowmaster. I think it sounds better then the stock exhaust, but a quality muffler would do good.

As far as power gain, yeah it seems to breathe nicer, I dont think I'm going to pull from anyone that I couldn't before adding it though.. but I like it so thats what really matters :)

Pictures of the exhaust and header installed.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wow man!

The alpha werks quality is pretty nice!!

·
Registered
1996 Honda Accord LX
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well, my new exhaust.. now has an exhaust leak... pisses me off too because I tried to contact the seller twice and he hasn't responded to me.

The hanger broke on the s-bend where my flex pipe is after the cat, before the muffler.

I guess I'm going to have to take it out.. and tig weld a patch over it..... then weld the hanger back on that way it wont happen against because obviously the material is weak there.. otherwise i'd have to cut out a section and weld a new section back on and blend it and thats hella work for something that shouldn't of busted in the first place..

I wonder if it'll flow the same too with a dip in the inside wall. Fucking ghey. Which makes me want to cut a section and weld a new section in so the inside wall will be smooth again.

^- What do you guys think worth that extra work for a cheap ebay exhaust? Or will the little dip in the inside wall with a patch over it not cause any harm anyways and i shouldn't bother?

Here are the pics.

Anyways I got some new plans for this beast. I want to pick up a f22 non-vtec camshaft from bisimotor with some of his springs.

Next i'd be picking up a diy tuner kit that includes a wideband, moates emulator, and datalogging kit + p28 chipped ecu from xenrocron and get some practice for my boosted build, although ill still have that professionally tuned the first time around.. but once i add mods to my turbo d16z6 hopefully i can adjust my tune myself.. thats the plan anyways,, im going to start with this NA build :)

I'll be looking around for a h22 head and IM/TB port and polish it, might even get a cam and springs for that beast... depending on when I get around to buying the cam for my f22, i might not even and just get the h22 head and just buy the cam for that, instead of two.

I'd like to stroke it, sleeve it maybe 90mm bore.. definitely have to do more research on that but I have plenty of time to consider that.. I'd love to get more displacement for a torque beast to get this gutless 3900 pound bitch to move.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts