Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
one of D-series.org's nicest rides
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently finished building the bottom end.Tell me what you guys think... Consistent 13.5's an 99mph, still trying to lower my my R/T and some simple tuning will be done. I have a T3/4 I'm plannin to swap, but I want to go in the twelves with this setup before I change the turbo. Have a 20 shot hooked up I have still yet used... Perhaps I will use it but I will try to get it in the twelves without it. I will update when Im in the twelves. Nothing to brag about but not bad for a single cam...Gets me to school and back

Some upgrades in motor...
D16Y block with arias pistons/Eagle Rods
Block Guard/ARP studs
D16Z Ported/polished head
Cometics Turbo Head Gasket
ZexTurbo Cam
Aem Cam gear
Greddy Tdo4 built to stage two 10psi
MSD Ignition block/HVC2
270 RC injectors
Intercooler
Stage 1 Clutchmasters
chipped ecu
I will post all upgrades if you want to know... :)

P

·
0 Posts
pretty sweet times.. what were you racing in the shot of you doing 13's?? it looks like he was ahead..

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
You my friend are asking for trouble. Take my word that diff is gonna put a hole in the tranny case. Just trust me on this. I ignored Mista Bones advice and decided to try out myself. Running drag radials I blew on diff up (spider gears let loose) so I got cocky and ran with slicks. Blew the spiders apart so bad it went through the case AND broke an axle at the same time. Park it before you do more damage. Other than that nice ride and nice times :)

p.s. How is that clutch holding up? I have the same one and will be upping the horses in the next few weeks.

·
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sure I was racing some kind of domestic, I think it was a Z28 running high twelves. I didnt use the 20 shot that day, but I'm thinkin of using it next races. The clutch is suprisingly holdin up, considering I had to get a Stage 1 because I didnt have the extra 200$ at the time for the stage 3.As for the tranny, tell me about it. On the day these shots were taken, two of my buddies seized their difs. I have a couple trannies lying around incase it goes out...I would get a dif, but I dont have a grand to put in the tranny as of right now. When it happens, it happens. Right now I need to swap to the bigger turbo, but Ill put the dif #2 on the list, thanks for the advice Biz.......

By the way, what kind did you get, a Quaife? How much did you spend :?:

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Yep Quaife from camp1320.com Talk to Tom he knows his shit! I paid 906 shipped because I used paypal (add 3%) but if you do money order he will do $880 shipped. Best price around for a Quaife AND he has them in stock! I think well worth the money paid.

H

·
0 Posts
Wow, I like :D Was the 13.5 @ 99 mph on slicks? What was your sixty foot? The '89 hatch in my sig was recently boosted (haven't updated the damn sig yet) with an apexi kit (also fmic, blah, blah, blah). Boost was at 10 psi and I was throwing the map and o2 codes. Without a launch (I couldn't because of insane wheelspin in 1st and 2nd) on a stock clutch and tires I hit a 14.4 @ 99 mph. Also, a few tenths would be gained due to being 4900ft above sea level. I was just curious if you ever ran your setup on street tires, and how you launched it?

·
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea, the 13's were on slicks. It was my first time with them, I'm still getting use to them. At 13.55, my 60 ft was 1.929 with a .88 R/T. I use to race on street tires about two years ago before my bottom end and head got built, and I ran 14.6 to 14.9s. But that was with a slipping clutch, so I always bogged off the line. I really didnt think slicks would help, but DAMN...they are a awsome thing to have for launching. What seems to be working is dropping the clutch at around 5000rpms, anything above broke my tires lose. You can definately not do that with street tires. I still am tryin to figure out what the best tire pressure should be...

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
On my 20x8x13 M&H Racemasters I ran 12-14 psi if that helps :) Launching between 5000-6800 depending on track.

S

·
0 Posts
Clean looking hatch- one question-what kit is that? it looks very clean JDM style?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts