Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
93 Camaro (backup)
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I was not going to even start a thread b/c my pics from when I first got the car and started working on it were lost. I feel like I have come a long way since then and figured I would go ahead and make one so this is it!
1993 Civic CX. Had 160k+ on it when I got it. My nephew went into the guard and didn't know what to do with it so he gave it to me. (He owed me anyway)
Originally I helped him pick this car out a couple years ago. It was all stock and aside from quarter rust it was in good shape so I figured I was walking into a great little DD. Boy was I wrong.....

He told me a ball joint gave out and I was going to have to tow it, so I called a towing company and had them meet me at the address he gave me. Well, when I got there it looked like he took it off some sweet jumps. The front was slightly wrecked, the hood and both fenders were screwed and the bumper was all cracked up. The ball joint did break and it looked like it was a hell of an impact on something b/c the axle was broken and under the pass side door the body was dented. When I took the fenders off there was 5lbs of dirt in the door jambs and fender. The interior was also thrashed. The cluster cover was broken and the speedo didn't work, the cupholder console was broken in half where they didn't put the bitch pin back in and the shifter broke it trying to get it in 1st gear, the glove box was broken, the rear hatch shock on the pass side was ripped out leaving a hole in the metal, and he sold the cargo cover.
Anyway, I got the car home and started to do the basic repairs on it. New ball joints, axles, rotors, pads and general motor maint. I was going to leave the car stock and use it as a gas sipper but it had stock springs on the back and ebay coilovers on the front so I decided to pick up a coilover set.
After doing this the bug bit me. I always wanted a 92-95 hatch and all of the cars I ever had I never had money to build them as I wanted. This is where with the help of my greatest friend Andrew we started this "journey".

·
Registered
93 Camaro (backup)
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picked up a set of skunk2 pro 2 coilovers but ended up trading them for my clutch.

Picked up a set of ground controls 480/550 with extended tophats.

After that we sourced a low mileage z6 out of a wrecked automatic delsol.

·
Registered
93 Camaro (backup)
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One night after going for a drive with my girlfriend I got rolled up bad by a corolla S. The twisty bits he didn't stand a chance but the straight is where he just blew past me. That's when I started buying go fast parts and put my bodywork on hold until next year.

·
Registered
93 Camaro (backup)
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have pics of other parts but I will have to find them and get them uploaded later.
As of right now my setup is....
t3 .42/.48
SLS miniram manifold
tial 44mm mvr (8.7 psi spring)
650cc precision injectors
walbro 255
ebay intercooler piping kit (with boost leak lol)
open downpipe for now 2.5 inches

I just got my wideband in the mail today and after xmas im going to get a matching oil pressure gauge but here is my setup for now. (temporary)

·
Registered
93 Camaro (backup)
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Here are a couple of videos as of right now with the boost leak.

Me just spooling it up messing about in 5th gear.

This one is from 3rd-5th gear 60 mph to about 138mph (This was shot in MEXICO) :)

EDIT: The quality on the uploads on these is pretty terrible compared to the raw copy that I have.

·
Registered
CIVIC COUPE
810 Posts
nice work on fixing the rust and those si! i bet that took some time getting them all polished. where did you get that cluster?

EDIT: just saw your last post. is that a super 60?

·
Registered
93 Camaro (backup)
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice work on fixing the rust and those si! i bet that took some time getting them all polished. where did you get that cluster?

EDIT: just saw your last post. is that a super 60?
The cluster is a VTI cluster from the UK. I got it shipped from a guy over there and I'm having him try and source me more parts but he can't find any hatches! That's just the standard t3 off of a saab. Unless those are super 60's. o_O

Sweet build, you've come a long way and are headed in the right direction. I'm in for progress.
I appreciate it man. It has come a LONG way and I've only been working on it since this april. Still have a long way to go but my personal deadline is next april to rock out at the HT meet. :)

1 - 20 of 147 Posts