Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got the car tuned with the new turbo set up...I made 270whp on 9psi...I didnt belive it either...I was like are u sure...made 2 more pulls after this one and its legit

turbo is a t3/t4 .48 ar turbine with stage 3 wheel and a .70 ar compressor dont know the trim...I bought the turbo from autoworks and rebuilt it...Ive been having to many issues since this video...blow-off valve opening in boost...fuel pressure has a mind of its own(think I may have fixed this one)...and its doing this wont rev past 4200rpms thing again...but on the rare occasions that it is all working right its awesome and the torque steer is pretty bad...oh and this thing spits coolant in boost as you see in the video...how can I fix it? anyone offer any insight... Im loving the car, just trying to get all right...I'll try to take some pics tonight...I just want to have everything right Im still a noob at this whole boost thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_54MPAW300

engine
d16y8
TT rods
Vitara pistons (std)
ARP head studs
Skunk2 IM
H23 TB (62mm)
RC 550cc injectors
255lph walboro
Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator

turbo
T3/T4 .48 turbine stage 3 wheel .70 ar compressor ?trim
autoworks log
Tial 38mm wastegate
open downpipe 2 3/4in
turbonetics raptor BOV
Treadstone piping/couplers/clamps

ACT pressureplate and exedy street disc

tuned on Crome

270.28whp at 7000rpms at 9 psi

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
what dyno? 270 at 9 is insane.

edit: please for the love of god add a catch to the rad.

edit x2: can we get a dyno chart please? that was a super short pull. a lot shorter then my 280 pull. not saying its not possible, i am just curious about the dyno pull.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i thought mustang dynos were supposed to read lower?
lower when set to your vehicle's weight and 10% resistance (or whatever its called in the system). if you drop the weight to 1000 lbs or so and 0% resistance, you can make a stock civic make a 500 whp pull. the dyno sheet will show the pull to be a fake though. hence why i asked for it and why mustangs are so good for tuning.

·
El Noob
2,794 Posts
Nice. Getting me all happy and stuff lol. I don't know much about turbos so at what rpm does it start to give boost?

Thx

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Damn, that is some good numbers for on 9 psi. I have the exact same turbo too, but I'm still debating of using that one or the t3/t04b H-trim. Both stage 3 .63 ar too. Post the dyno sheet when you get a chance.

·
Registered
613 Posts
so is it normal for our cars to push that much coolant out? obviously he doesn't have an overflow tank, but wouldnt pushing so much coolant make it push coolant past the overflow too? my previous engine and current do this but i always assumed it was due to blown a headgasket.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I agree that is insane numbers, I would want to see your dyno chart, curious to see your power curve. Do you have any low end power power at all?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I want to see the chart too.Not because I doubt your or anything but I want to see it just because we are on very similar setups.Im running a log,slightly bigger turbo,3 inch open dp, same rods,same intake manifold,same tb size,but im using wiseco slugs, and I have been thinking about ditching my log but this would make me think otherwise.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its a dynojet...I saw it on the dyno sheet...I left it at work but I have a pic of the screen that has 2 pulls on it...I need to upload them to photobucket so I can post them,

1 - 20 of 42 Posts