Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been around on here for a couple months getting help for this car I picked up for a project. I live in Bend Oregon with a mediocre Honda scene. I bought it with so many ideas of how I wanted it to be with what motor and wheels and I ended up rebuilding the d15b2 block and taking the dpfi off and replacing the head with a d16z6. Obd0 to obd1 as well.

I pulled the engine and rebuilt it in 3 days (buddy needed his lift back asap) I put so many new parts into it because I didn't want to replace something 2000 miles into a fresh rebuild. I redid the harness and switched out to a p28 ecu. The owner before switched the transmission for one out of an '89 crx si. New stage 1 clutch.

It's not running yet, I just finished all cabin wiring and engine bay wiring. Thought I'd share now and post a running vid after I'm done. I'm still not sure of the future of the car, racing or selling. Pictures range from oldest to newest

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I got to break away from my kids and fiance today and work for a few hours on the car.

What I have left-
Install axles
Install steering wheel (deep dish 14")
Spindles
Exhaust (yonoka exhaust system)
Steering wheel
Getting rid of evap system (teeing off the hardline to throttle body nipple and original d16z6 purge valve nipple)
Wire new 02 sensor to sub harness
Reattaching tach wires
You'll see in the pics the black dash with blue interior, I'll be replacing blue with Gray carpet and black Bedliner plastic.
And misc. Other things

Today I did-
Timing belt ( which was a bitch because I already installed motor with mounts, luckily I got the lift back to do so)
I installed a vms short shifter with new bushings (I got a weighted knob to help with how light the shifter is, it feels close to stock)
Took out the old ef purge valve and black canistor to help clean up the engine bay

And I did some clean up in the shop bay it's sitting in because it's my folks. I'm only allowed 2 cars at our house.

Attachments

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
...what about the steering wheel?

Sorry you mentioned it twice, I cant help it.

She looks good, keep at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts