Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this beauty last week. It's an 03 LX sport. I'm not sure if you had this model in the states or not... It's essentially an EX with the LX engine/trans.

A little over 52,000 miles on her (84,700 kms.) It's never been in an accident.

In definate need of a claybar and cut/polish so i'll do that on the weekend and post pics of the results.

Since I know how you guys like pics... Here she is the day we got her.

More pics once she is all cleaned up.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
needs an 8 inch drop

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the comments guys.

I can agree with you about teh sport model... why does the CDM and USDM need to have different models.... (grrrr)

One good thing about our interesting models is that the bluebook doesn't have this model and so I basically got it for the price of a regular LX w/o sunroof and all that jazz.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello i am new to d-series, i currently own a 03 civic ex stock motor, i bought the car with the turbo specialities kit in it, it is the extreme kit with the t25bb, it has the black box, that i guess was pre-set from the factory, no cat stright pipe, skunk2 ext. nonthing too big. boost around 6psi. -the thing about it is i am in the army over seas! (iraq) i got it before i left did some research i cant find anything on the kit or any d17a2's on this site that has the same kit. my question is does anyone know how to adjust this kit? it doesnt have the front face that shows the button layout, i bought the car from a dealship, no paperwork on the turbo kit, i called turbospecialities they have failed to send me some paper work on how to tweek the system. boost raises to 6psi then drops down, car feels like its hesitating to go faster, like i said i am in iraq, the car is in new mexico at my brothers house sorry for the questions, i dont know if you can adjust the boost from the kit or if it just shows current run. please be easy on me with ur comments -thanks overseas

·
Registered
164 Posts
hello i am new to d-series, i currently own a 03 civic ex stock motor, i bought the car with the turbo specialities kit in it, it is the extreme kit with the t25bb, it has the black box, that i guess was pre-set from the factory, no cat stright pipe, skunk2 ext. nonthing too big. boost around 6psi. -the thing about it is i am in the army over seas! (iraq) i got it before i left did some research i cant find anything on the kit or any d17a2's on this site that has the same kit. my question is does anyone know how to adjust this kit? it doesnt have the front face that shows the button layout, i bought the car from a dealship, no paperwork on the turbo kit, i called turbospecialities they have failed to send me some paper work on how to tweek the system. boost raises to 6psi then drops down, car feels like its hesitating to go faster, like i said i am in iraq, the car is in new mexico at my brothers house sorry for the questions, i dont know if you can adjust the boost from the kit or if it just shows current run. please be easy on me with ur comments -thanks overseas
From what I've heard, the Turbo Specialties kit is a piece of junk. If you just need a car to drive, period, I'd recommend just taking to kit off and deal with it later when you get back.

But if you want power, it looks like there may be some pieces worth keeping to make a reliable (relatively speaking) turbo application. I believe TS used Garrett compressors and turbines, so that'll probably be worth keeping, and I don't know about the manifold or piping or intercooler or BOV or wastegate or any of that other stuff, but my guess would be to throw away what you have to, replace it, and use the engine management system as a paperweight. Just cut to the chase and run Hondata's Kpro engine management system. It's a tad expensive, but with your hazardous duty pay you'll be alright.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts