Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of a turbo i bought from a guy i know. I know it needs rebuilt but it was only $40 and i figured why not. I dont know too much about turbos so i figured i would post up some pics and see what everyone can tell me about it aside from needing rebuilt. Specs,stuff like that.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Needs a new compressor wheel as well and the rebuild like you said. Hope that is all it needs. Usually those turbos are good for upwards of 500+hp.

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
looks like 0.60a/r on compressor side and 0.63a/r on turbine side

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have the same turbo except mine is a 57 trim T3/TO4E, you got a great deal I acquired mine for $150 and it needs a rebuild 2.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think im gonna drop by majestic turbo tomorrow and have them look at it and see whats up. if its not too much i'll rebuild it.If it IS expensive i might see if i can find something else

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i got the verdict..not so great but it could have been worse.Obviously the compressor wheel needs replacing but he said there was some damage done internally and to get it fixed it gonna be $605 plus shipping and tax on the parts he has to order. Not TOO bad since a brand new one would be $785 he said. I guess im gonna bite the bullet on this one and just do it unless i come across some good deal on something.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
damn. $605 rebuild. my ass would just buy a new one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts