Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the 4 carbs into the D16A6 and it is started first time. The idle is a bit rough which requires some tuning, I think it is running abit rich cos after reving up, the idle sort of hangs high and slowly returns to idle speed..

Pictures of the new and old carbs.

Still to be done is tuning and a set of filters.

Attachments

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are from a Kawasaki motor bike...
Custom made manifold.
The engine revs so quick it is really scary man..the noise is horrendous..so bloody loud. I see if I can take some movies of it running later.

Thanks for the response man!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Looks nice, but lacks velocity stacks and not gonna make good power without some. Still :TU:
What size those carbs are, around 34...36mm?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Nice !!! I'm going to be using an MSD 8091 and a D16a6 dizzy. That way you're not fixed to the vac dizzy doing whatever a vac dizzy does : linear advancement of the spark based on vacuum. A great deal of power is to be had with mapable ingition on a carbed car.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Bricheun: Your photo reminded me of a problem I'm having because I noticed you have the plug holes in the REAR, just like me...
Where can I get plug wires like yours? So many aftermarket sellers advertise 9.2 and 10.2 mm plug wire kits that "fit all D-series motors". But the valve cover for the D15B7 requires a larger plug wire boot; so these wire kits really only fit VTEC engines or later-model D16's, or whatever.
I've tried three times, and each time each seller that says they fit "all" D-series motors was just B/S-ing me or just doesn't his Hondas. Where is the real McCoy?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bricheun: Your photo reminded me of a problem I'm having because I noticed you have the plug holes in the REAR, just like me...
Where can I get plug wires like yours? So many aftermarket sellers advertise 9.2 and 10.2 mm plug wire kits that "fit all D-series motors". But the valve cover for the D15B7 requires a larger plug wire boot; so these wire kits really only fit VTEC engines or later-model D16's, or whatever.
I've tried three times, and each time each seller that says they fit "all" D-series motors was just B/S-ing me or just doesn't his Hondas. Where is the real McCoy?

The plug wires are the Blue NGK for the 1990 CRX SOHC 1.6. I did not get any other ones because they literally suck in quality. I have tried all sorts of large ignition cables and ended up with almost stock NGK blues...find them on the internet.

The velocity stacks and filters are coming soon...hopefully next week. The carbs are 4X37mm and has really freed up the mid and top end. I dont know about the bottom end (1000-2500) because it seems to be holding back and spluttering alot..too rich maybe. Anyway, I am going to take the bottoms off it and measure the float level this weekend. I have lots more pics and videos to post up..

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
that is SICK!!! first time seeing individual carbs...wish you the best of luck, and when you get a chance, post up some numbers ;)

·
Registered
725 Posts
In for video.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts