Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I start my ek, revs high and dies. squeel coming from the intake somewhere been trying to fix but just about had it lmao

help would be appreciated ;)

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,475 Posts
a video would help ..

any recent work been done to it ?

any sensors disconnected ?
what kind of squeel,like a pig?alternator seized or loose belt?

how long has it had this no start condition ,,did it start/run fine before .any cel at any time before?
did the car sit for a while?

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
what is revving high?
Is it trying to get to redline, then runs out of fuel and spark and dies?

Is it simply revving to around 2k rpm or something?

More info.

An easy thing you need to do, is check for broken or cracked or even MISSING vacuum lines.

The squeel coming from the intake... Is it around the throttlebody, or do you mean near brake booster, indicating a possible alternator bearing issue?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is revving high?
Is it trying to get to redline, then runs out of fuel and spark and dies?

Is it simply revving to around 2k rpm or something?

More info.

An easy thing you need to do, is check for broken or cracked or even MISSING vacuum lines.

The squeel coming from the intake... Is it around the throttlebody, or do you mean near brake booster, indicating a possible alternator bearing issue?
Revs to around 2k then dies, ill get a video of the issue, and yeah the sound comes from around the intake, sounds like near the butterfly.

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
680 Posts
When you say dies, does it rev to 2k then falls to idle, then repeats? Like a bouncing idle? Pull your IACV and brake clean it. Check the gasket for damage. If that doesn't work, replace it.

Or dies as in, revs to 2k and then turns off?

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
do a basic step.

In order to remove IACV from equation, and ASSUMING it is not stuck, simply unplug it.

When the IACV is working properly, having it unplugged should have the engine idle around 450-500 rpms. Again, assuming it is good condition, and NOT stuck.

If it now only say, revs to 1200 or 1500, but still cuts off, might be a fuel pressure issue as well as a vacuum leak.

2k rpm is NOT enough to kill it. That is why I think it may be more than one single issue you are dealing with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do a basic step.

In order to remove IACV from equation, and ASSUMING it is not stuck, simply unplug it.

When the IACV is working properly, having it unplugged should have the engine idle around 450-500 rpms. Again, assuming it is good condition, and NOT stuck.

If it now only say, revs to 1200 or 1500, but still cuts off, might be a fuel pressure issue as well as a vacuum leak.

2k rpm is NOT enough to kill it. That is why I think it may be more than one single issue you are dealing with.
yeah i had allready just replaced my fuel pump and filter as they were dying, ill try removing my iacv plug and see what happens.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
patxi, he doesnt have a FITV

Good check for older cars though! FITV's are almost always out of whack from years and years of operation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts