Honda D Series Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,612 Posts
Anyone have a D series LSD for sale before I splurge on a new one?
DrTalon do you still want my slightly damaged z6 crank?
Would anyone advise me to not stick with the stock y8 cam and go with the 105300?
You got pics of that crank? I'd love to have it if it could be refurbished!

What are your power goals again?

Since your talking about cams, I've got a Bisimoto Level 1 cam for the Y8, never been used. I honestly dont know much about this cam, and I can't find much info on it. It probably wouldn't offer the kinds of gains the 105300 would, but if you want it you can have it :) Maybe trade for crank?

Wood Musical instrument Font Electronic instrument Wind instrument

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Tar Line

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
You got pics of that crank? I'd love to have it if it could be refurbished!

What are your power goals again?

Since your talking about cams, I've got a Bisimoto Level 1 cam for the Y8, never been used. I honestly dont know much about this cam, and I can't find much info on it. It probably wouldn't offer the kinds of gains the 105300 would, but if you want it you can have it :) Maybe trade for crank?

View attachment 139510

View attachment 139511
Lookin for 350whp for now. Then turn it up + more mods once I get bored.
I’m no expert when it comes to telling if a crank is usable but I think it might’ve spun a rod bearing. Took a closeup. That journal and one more has a scratch I can feel with my fingernail. I'd like to get my hands on that / a cam if it means its cheap/traded for sure.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,612 Posts
Lookin for 350whp for now. Then turn it up + more mods once I get bored.
I’m no expert when it comes to telling if a crank is usable but I think it might’ve spun a rod bearing. Took a closeup. That journal and one more has a scratch I can feel with my fingernail. I'd like to get my hands on that / a cam if it means its cheap/traded for sure.
Looks like scuffing on rod journal #3, the rest appear OK/fixable. If the damage on #3 barely catches your nail, it could probably be salvaged with a micropolish. I'll have to do another keyway fix :)

If you're looking for the 350whp, I'd honestly recommend something spicier than the L1, but you're still welcome to it if you want. I would be willing to trade straight out as well, we would just be responsible for the shipping of each other's pieces (you pay for cam ship, i pay for crank ship)

When discussing my turbo regrind i got from Colt, both he and the tuner (JD) said without changing anything from my previous setup (which made like 260ish with vitara's @20psi), the cam was a plug and play 85WHP by itself (retuned of course)

Which turned out to be true on the new setup, although I did a ton of port work to the head and manifolds and had new pistons, (static comp was the same as with the vitara's) JD got the car to hit 350 @18PSI on E.

Getting that NA valve overlap down under VTEC, and some more lift and duration makes a big difference in cylinder VE.

Let me know what you would like to do! I'm down for a trade if you are!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Looks like scuffing on rod journal #3, the rest appear OK/fixable. If the damage on #3 barely catches your nail, it could probably be salvaged with a micropolish. I'll have to do another keyway fix :)

If you're looking for the 350whp, I'd honestly recommend something spicier than the L1, but you're still welcome to it if you want. I would be willing to trade straight out as well, we would just be responsible for the shipping of each other's pieces (you pay for cam ship, i pay for crank ship)

When discussing my turbo regrind i got from Colt, both he and the tuner (JD) said without changing anything from my previous setup (which made like 260ish with vitara's @20psi), the cam was a plug and play 85WHP by itself (retuned of course)

Which turned out to be true on the new setup, although I did a ton of port work to the head and manifolds and had new pistons, (static comp was the same as with the vitara's) JD got the car to hit 350 @18PSI on E.

Getting that NA valve overlap down under VTEC, and some more lift and duration makes a big difference in cylinder VE.

Let me know what you would like to do! I'm down for a trade if you are!
Down! PM'd you not sure if you saw it or not.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts