Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my 98 EK hatch build. Figured I'd start documenting what I'm doing so I can look back at this thread when I'm done, hopefully by the end of this summer.:p
Made my first step forward yesterday, Y8 head for my Y7 block and p28 s300 ecu.
$100 for the head no warranty, $650 for the ECU (used but new).

·
Registered
9 Posts
$100 for a y8 is about what they go for. I can find head and intake combo between $100-150 For a y7-y8. But
Finding a junk motor for cheap with a y8 head on it is the way to save some money.
that s300 is nice 😎🥲
are you planing to boost it.
Im building a EK hatch for a daily right now

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$100 for a y8 is about what they go for. I can find head and intake combo between $100-150 For a y7-y8. But
Finding a junk motor for cheap with a y8 head on it is the way to save some money.
that s300 is nice 😎🥲
are you planing to boost it.
Im building a EK hatch for a daily right now
Thanks and yeah junkyard prices it is what it is. Ebay people are selling them for like $200+.
Yeah should've mentioned in the title I'm gonna be boosting it with some quality parts. Thinking about a garrett gtx3076r/gtx3071r

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

picked up a fully z6 assembly today for $100 and $60 for some Steelies. Guy threw in tons of extra parts and new gaskets. Gonna be working on getting the block and head sent to the shop and some welds done

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice dude. What's the welds for?
I myself is just using a d16y crank
Throwing some rods and Pistons in and sending it 🤙 choochooo

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice dude. What's the welds for?
I myself is just using a d16y crank
Throwing some rods and Pistons in and sending it 🤙 choochooo
Need oil fittings welded to the valve cover for oil catch, and a drain on the pan.
I'm stoked that I got the z6 crank but I would be totally content with a Y crank

1 - 10 of 10 Posts