Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the obvious with the fuel pump hanger are there any negatives with using a Mustang fuel pump? I can get a killer deal on a Mustang 340 in tank pump. After seeing the giant intake I wondered why more people don't use them?

Mustang

Honda

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
Most EFI pumps since the early 90's are basically the same size besides the inlet. The newer cars have them in complicated "cartridges" or whatever, but they're mostly the same too. I bought a set of used GTR pumps that I used in NA Honda's. They are practically identical to a Civic's, except each can handle ~333whp at a fuel pressure of 71 psi, probably around ~160lph.

The only issue with the mustang style is the fuel sock may not be angled enough. Big pumps have issues at 1/4 tank if the inlet sock isn't deep enough.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
The intake of the pump has nothing to do with the outflow of the pump.

If you can get it attached to the assembly and the fuel sock is located in relatively the same place and orientation, you should be able to use it.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Just stick with the style that fits your factory hanger. The center inlet one likely won't fit too well and isn't really going to benefit you. If you are choosing that one based on price you probably aren't looking hard enough for the correct one, they aren't very expensive.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just stick with the style that fits your factory hanger. The center inlet one likely won't fit too well and isn't really going to benefit you. If you are choosing that one based on price you probably aren't looking hard enough for the correct one, they aren't very expensive.

It was a "damaged packaging" deal for over 50% off. I decided to hold off on it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts