Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
it must have been ricer day today, because got to take on two different cars that i thought could whip my y7's ass.

lined up with dodge stealth...caught a perfect 4500k launch...pulled car length after length off the line...damn those cars are slow.

drop top 88ish-90s mustang 5.0- out of first gear walked his ass...yet again another perfect 4500k launch.

for it being a 5.0 those rustangs are slow as hell.

the y8 manifold swap definitly pulls way harder in the higher rpms...after i twiddled around with my ignition timing.

and by these races im trying to figure out where my car would fall in the 1320s.
16's 15's?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
theres no way im high 16's right now. id put money im mid to low 16's.

how much time you think the y8 trans will drop off

i found some stuff on another website that has...

d16y7
z6 im/tb
hedman header
test pipe
buddy specIII
z6 trans
exedy stage 1 clutch

[email protected]
-------------------------------

d16y7
new exedy oem clutch
EG header
2.25" exhaust piping
junk universal exhaust
red aem cam gear
short ram air intake
raced with my C8's (16" 205/40 nangkang tires

it looks to me like the ex trans would drop off .8 of a sec...could be one of em couldnt drive idk

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
a 5.0 should beat you easily... sorry he must have been a bad driver... think about it and the stealth was NA right?

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
theres no way im high 16's right now. id put money im mid to low 16's

Why woul'dnt it be? You basically have a stock car with a IM swap that will do nothing for your Hp. And on top of things you have a 2.5" exhaust that is robbing you of HP beacause of it's size.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
unless it was ragged and tired. Then obviously the outcome would have come to that. the average 5.0 now a days has alot of miles on it.

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
n/a dodge stealths rated at mid 16s from the factory, twin turbo is mid-low fourteens; so you beat a 200hp 4k lb n/a car lol. slowest mustang factory times i could find were for the 4cylinder autos lol all others were in the 14s to low 15s. basically you beat one slow car and one slow driver haha. plus based on your mods i dont see how 110-115 crank hp will run mid 15s unless its a great engine with slicks. i ran that in my old ex with 20 more crank hp, and i know for a fact that my current hatch will not come close... especially with a dx trans

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
n/a dodge stealths rated at mid 16s from the factory, twin turbo is mid-low fourteens; so you beat a 200hp 4k lb n/a car lol. slowest mustang factory times i could find were for the 4cylinder autos lol all others were in the 14s to low 15s. basically you beat one slow car and one slow driver haha. plus based on your mods i dont see how 110-115 crank hp will run mid 15s unless its a great engine with slicks. i ran that in my old ex with 20 more crank hp, and i know for a fact that my current hatch will not come close... especially with a dx trans
amen....... thats what I was thinking too... not trying to attack you hatchdx..

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
Twin turbo vr4 tested by road and track was a 13.7
ive driven one. very fast and a sohc honda wont touch it without a good chunk of work done. 91-93-300hp with similar tq awd 4ws. 94-up came with 320 i believe(its been a while since i messed with mitsu cars)

yeah, im not trying to burst anyones bubble either. you just need to get out and race some similar hondas and such. or some stupid shit talkers and beat their ass. that would make for a good kill story. like a guy i know, he was bragging about beating a 99 grand prix... thats like beating a v6 mustang lol.

·
Premium Member
96,97,00 civic
2,149 Posts
ive driven one. very fast and a sohc honda wont touch it without a good chunk of work done. 91-93-300hp with similar tq awd 4ws. 94-up came with 320 i believe(its been a while since i messed with mitsu cars)

yeah, im not trying to burst anyones bubble either. you just need to get out and race some similar hondas and such. or some stupid shit talkers and beat their ass. that would make for a good kill story. like a guy i know, he was bragging about beating a 99 grand prix... thats like beating a v6 mustang lol.
Yep 320. It's kind of funny going to the track with three of us in my friends vr-4 with over 100k and still beating people. If those cars had a lower fdr they would be evenmore sick. I mean 3rd gear pulls up to 130 easy stock. That's like an hx trans.

I would brag about beating a gran-prix if it was a gtp and had some work done. a.k.a zzperformance

1 - 19 of 19 Posts