Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**1st of all, im not too sure whether i can post this thread here. D-Series admin, pls delete my thread if i posted wrongly**

I'm currently looking for this Mugen Valve cover n wondering where can i get it n how much does it cost. Well, im from Malaysia n had a hard time to find one here.

Appreciate if any of u could give me some info on this amazing sexy valve cover. if u could provide website or contact details will be great.

·
JDM Justin
95 del Sol
812 Posts
wow that is neat

old school FTW!!!

·
Registered
'06 GMC Sierra Crew
170 Posts
I've seen sohc d16 valve cover in the old Mugen catalogues from 80's. They had them on their "crate" race motors. It didnt look at all like a stock SOHC cover. Was more squarish with horizontal fins and Mugen logo, iirc. Too bad i can't find the link now...

·
Registered
'06 GMC Sierra Crew
170 Posts
Mugen never made a D-series valve cover... or at least not to my knowledge. But at one point they did make a sohc valve cover.
Ha, missed your post. Yeah it looked close to that. But i'm pretty sure it was a D16 crate motor. Remember it was rated at like 220-230hp and was like $15K or something...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Flywheel HP. Still a lot, but I've sporadically seen higher numbers on the net. Cost shouldn't be far off of the $10-$15k mark anyway to reach that.
There's even a 245hp N/A D14 on carbs running in Malaysia or Hong Kong.

·
Registered
'06 GMC Sierra Crew
170 Posts
Lol, it's expensive even today but $15k was a LOT of dough 18-20 years ago...

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
The "Mugen" z6/y8 valve cover is made by Tenzo-R.
yep I got a red one..... be ready to pay around 100 bucks for one, but the quality is real nice and you need to drill a hole for the crankcase to breathe.... ebay is your friend for this too...

·
Registered
787 Posts
yep I got a red one..... be ready to pay around 100 bucks for one, but the quality is real nice and you need to drill a hole for the crankcase to breathe.... ebay is your friend for this too...
huh thats weird my buddy got one too he paid like 110 for it and he didnt have to drill nothing the lil nipple for the breather came on it already

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
thanks 4 ur comments n advise guys.

but looking at the size of the mugen cover (as shown on my 1st post), it looks like size of a SOHC engine....

100bucks is consider damn cheap. in my country, pls prepare easily USD500++.

found this link for the mugen head cover made by TENZO R. it comes in 4 colors....
http://www.racingworks.com/tenzo_r_mugen_valve_cover.htm

most probably i will get it there...but afraid it might not fit into my engine. how can i be sure that the size of the MUGEN valve cover will fit nicely on my existing D16? any opinions?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
thanks for whoring out my car for me :mikej: got it off ebay about 2 years ago $75 just keep looking they turn up

1 - 20 of 34 Posts