Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Saw some on ebay wondering if that header is good? Is it better than OBX?? how about Tsudo ones?...They look like the no name brands but just branded with the Tags....

·
Registered
320 Posts
mugen? or megan? there are to diffrent brad names, and to have mugen wiht tsudo and OBX i'm thinking megan and there ok.. heard some good things about them!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
New 1988-1991 Honda Civic/CRX Mugen Power Style 4-2-1 Header - Chrome

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i think they just got a pic of the badge from an *Actual Mugen Header....well..Well I'm not much of a FAN of OBX Headers as some other parts..heard alot crap about them..oh well...Looks Like gonna head on to the Header thread and make a choice...saw one there that made 7.4 at the wheels i believe and the DC made 7hp...gonna go check it out again...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the Tanabe Cat Back already..with the stock Cat...it is kinda loud but alot of people say that it sounds Mean!....well at least it doesn't have that sound where it's like farting or slapping lol....I'm changing out on the parts That are Conisdered Junk/Cheap and getting the good stuff!.....

·
Registered
320 Posts
PEAK-CRX-SI said:
I have the Tanabe Cat Back already..with the stock Cat...it is kinda loud but alot of people say that it sounds Mean!....well at least it doesn't have that sound where it's like farting or slapping lol
yeah but people tell me that my 36in glass pack and a 40 "aero gear"(ebay special/gift )muffler sound mean! i mean come on... its not that hard to do when your car is a honda and you know how to not make it sound like bee's in a can!
i get the what are you running a b16/18? one of those your car sounds nice. all thwe time!

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
Or save your money and get a turbo...
cause then youll have to sell your header...which is asinine

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I read a post that the Rage Header would not fit in the rex....it would be hitting the a/c lines...the current header on OBX Ceramic (pos-IMO) is hitting One a/c line...you can see a little of the insulation that kinda melted away...but the header is hitting a clamp on the a/c line so it looks ok....so I might go after the DC header or the SMSP or even the Landspeed Header...depends on my budget this month too....gotta get rid of some items lol...as for a Turbo...that is in the future....

D

·
0 Posts
does the megan header hit any A/C or P/S lines etc....? I may buy one for starters but want to keep everything

·
Registered
1993 trans am
1,073 Posts
well of you have the cash i would personally buy the bisimoto header its pretty freakin sweet from what ive heard and if you look at the dyno chart on exospeed.com it shows that a D16Z6 wiht the bisimoto header gains 8whp but i did have a DC sports header on my car before i sold it to my cousin some time ago and it gave me a huge gain and it really killed the car when i took it off i have looked into the megan racing stuff and it all seems to be pretty good quality just made in china so its considerably cheaper and as far as i can tell the megan looks juts like a dc header so im sure it doenst have clearence issues

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I made up my mind I'm Getting the DC Ceramic Coated Header. It fits my Budget....I want the SMSP or the Rage but $ and as well as fitment issues whats holding me back... unless i can sell some of my crap i got lying around...anybody interested in a Pheonix Gold 30 band EQ?

·
Registered
civic
1,750 Posts
guest said:
Megan,OBX, and all Ebay "style" products = CRAP!
unless you have had a megan header how can you say that not alll of us have
big money to spend or are doing a supa buget buld , i found the megan header to be very well made nicely finnished and made a + in bhp for may car

1 - 20 of 20 Posts