Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well when I bought my exhaust I went the cheap route and I kick myself for it alot. I bought a chikara header and a monsa cat back. I also put in an OBX high flow cat. The reason that I wanna change it is that it is so loud that everyone complains about it. I was wondering if I bought a skunk2 or Apexi or HKS muffler if it would help. Is there a difference in the piping from the muffler to the cat between my monsa and like an APEXI. I am trying to stay away from buying another cat back. I am eventually going to turbo so my header is good for now. Please let me know if you know of any that will sound good. I want a quiet exhaust that is low not the annoying high raspy sound that I have. Please help. Thanks

James

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my exhaust is stock with no tailpipe and holes drilled into the muffler and it sounds low lol...

1) Stay away from OBx if you can. You alrdy bought the cat, but not this for future reference.

2) Every muffler has its sound. Usually depends on your system setup. I heard HKS was good, but anything is better than what you have now, right?

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
Running DC 4-2-1 2pc header with stock cat (looking at hi-flo cats for next spring) and Espelir JGT500 stainless 2 1/4" cat-back.

Sounds nice and deep. Beautifully loud and growly on WOT. deep, low but definitely noticeable on idle and crusing. worth the money you pay for it hands down. 3 year warranty on it is nice as well.

let's not forget the mad JDM blang factor ;)

i have pics on my cardomain page

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/480347/12

P.S. trust me on this one...based on daily driving with it on my '95 EG with D15B7 N/A engine, you wont have to worry about the annoying farting/rapsing/angry bumble bee in a tuna can sound. there's a reason the Espelir exhausts cost more and thats becuase you get what you pay for. if I ever had to buy any other exhaust, it would be a Skunk2 or JIC. the JDM exhaust systems are worth the money you shell out for them IMO because they sound bad ass and work like they are supposed to without complaint.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^ im digging the jdm factor you are rocking steve o. keep up the good work.

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
I recently installed a ractive midpipe and real 5zigen fireball rear section and all i can say is wow!!! Such a sweet sound from that muffler, and its very quiet at idle, now when you get on it it tends to get a little loud, but never sounds nasty.

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
pitchblacktyper said:
^^ im digging the jdm factor you are rocking steve o. keep up the good work.
thanks man. adding a roll call to the doors in the coming weeks and a few other key company logos in carefully planned areas on the car. I love JDM but I just can't seem to get away from the touring car graphic theme either. guess it's the auotX'er/World Challenge lover in me ;-)

Anyways, enough of my thread jacking here...back to the topic at hand :smile:

·
Registered
531 Posts
I can back up the 5Zigen with a Ractive midpipe. I had the same setup about two years ago...sounds good.

I have to give it up for the HKS Hi Power on my hatch though, one of the best exhaust I have ever had/heard on a Honda. I have had many compliments...I rolled the dice on getting it and it worked out well. I am rolling a 2.5 inch midsection using a 20" glasspack mounted packwards basically functioning as a resonsator to quiet the raspiness. Motor is an H22 so I am sure that adds a bit too it, but don't doubt the HKS.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
yeah, i second that one. if you don't like loud exhausts, stay away from anything modeled after the N1. i have a tseudo fireball exhaust that was modeled after the n1, and the fucker is loud. it's deep and nice, but still loud. talk about killing the sleeper effect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts