Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought my first honda, a 1994 4dr civic. the previous owner was a kid who riced it out. it has a cherry bomb and a fart can on it, it is driving me nuts.

can you suggest a muffler that stays quiet till about 3500rpm. i dont mind a nice sounding exhaust, but the cherry bomb is rediculous.

thanks for any help.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
^Very good option too, but maybe on the cheaper size try a Vibrant or Magnaflow. Here's my flat black Vibrant, for that sleeper look.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I will vouch for the Vibrant Streetpower. I have it connected to 3" piping with no cat or resonator and its not THAT loud... I do have a turbo which in itself is a "muffler."

·
Registered
In circles.LOL
862 Posts
Hey i love my cherry bomb.Its just a circle track car though.Sounds nice at about 8000 rpm's.Daily driver i would go with magnaflow if i was to buy new.I'm a cheap ass though so i would go to the junk yard and just pick up a stock jobby of of something with the same diameter inlet.Is the cat on it still?Can't get those at the Junk yard.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow i come back an hour after i posted the topic and already have a ton of responses. thank you all very much!

i need to check out those sound clips next.

i have a few more questions about an engine build, but those can wait till i sort out this silly exhaust on here.

thanks again for all the quick answers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
checked out the vids, those still seem a bit loud to me. maybe i need to set up a camera and do the same "test" these peeps are doing. get a better idea of my sound vs. those.

also, i may be barking up the wrong tree. but i'm looking to spend $50-75 on a muffler. if that helps narrow the choices.

edit - just wanted to say, i have the red straight through style cherry bomb.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I would go with an A'PEXi WORLD SPORT 2 EXHAUST. I have one on my Civic and it sounds great and it is very well made.
for a small tip muffler apex s2 or greddy sp2

For a deep sound = Greddy Evo 2, large muffler, but offset for ground clearance, you won't be disappointed, no coffee can here! Or a cheap equivalent would be the Tsudo type x, same sound as the evo 2 just about 1/3 to 1/2 the price. Also if you can find it, the twin loop design muffler is pretty nice sounding. I learned the hard way, don't go cheap on the cat-back systems, sometimes they have horrible fitment and poor welds.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
You can go cheap... Just know how to shop.

VRS Exhaust mandrel bent piping kits for Aluminized 3" piping was $150 for me. I then had vbands welded on to everything. My total for piping, welding, vbands, muffler was $350+/-. A lot cheaper than a $500 2 1/4" kit. And the piping kit fit perfect in the exhaust tunnel.

They even offer 2 1/4" piping kit for $125. Stainless steel piping is normally
~$50 more.

http://www.vrsexhaust.com/TUBING_KITS/HONDA_TK/honda_tk.html

1 - 20 of 36 Posts