Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
nothing
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see almost everyone is using hondata. would that be better or would using megasquirt(standalone) be a better path?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Hondata or eCtune is the way to go IMO. I wouldn't do Megasquirt.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
depeneds on set up and what you want out of your motor/ecm combo...

hondata is user friendly....

not sure bout mega squirt...prob gonna have to search that.

·
Registered
nothing
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i was kinda leaning more towards hondata... a friend has a 93probe gt with a turbo off the sr20det. hes only making like 5 pounds right now he was going to use MS... i see you can build your own kit for what you want on megasquirt and have it pre assembled from them. is hondata a DIY or more of an experienced DIY?

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
if you can afford it then hondata is the way to go, nepune rtp is garbage and the normal neptune you need to burn chips every time you make a change, with s300 you do it all in real time from your laptop. my tuner jeff evans is a neptune dealer and installs it on allot of cars when they cant afford or dont need a better set up, but he was teh one who told me the rtp version is garbage and he refuses to touch it.

·
Registered
nothing
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
has anyone here played with or used the aem plug n play? i hear they have built in launch control and boost control the whole 9 yards? its like a $2000 dollar part but i hear it covers almost everything you could think of.

·
Registered
nothing
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no aem PnP for the civic...
thats a shame i hear its pretty amazing... im sure they will have it within the next year. it must be the only thing they dont have for a honda yet! i wonder if you could put a request in with aem to make one?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
ok i was kinda leaning more towards hondata... a friend has a 93probe gt with a turbo off the sr20det. hes only making like 5 pounds right now he was going to use MS... i see you can build your own kit for what you want on megasquirt and have it pre assembled from them. is hondata a DIY or more of an experienced DIY?
ya basically ms is great for when you have no other option like the probes,mx6 ect...but you have a honda and a tried and rue ecm setup avalible to you ...... go with the hondata youll be happy!

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
MS is far more powerful in it's not restricted by "OEM Hardware". If you want to run individual coils, higher resolution crank pulley, PnH injectors(without using resistor box), etc., then MS is the way to go. It pretty much competes with AEM, Haltech, Motec, Autronics, etc.

Otherwise, if you just need to get it tuned by a tuner, Crome, etc. works just fine.

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
unless you are going for a ultra high end build and i mean way way beyond what 99.9% of us here would ever consider then hondata s300 is all you ever need, AEM and the like have so many features you would never dream of using so why pay the extra coin for stuff you will never even use. just stay with s300 and your set.

·
Registered
bicycle
1,376 Posts
has anyone here played with or used the aem plug n play? i hear they have built in launch control and boost control the whole 9 yards? its like a $2000 dollar part but i hear it covers almost everything you could think of.
hondata s300 has launch control , anti lag, boost control, full throttle shift, and 3 outputs for n20,methanol injection,or anything else you use a 12v or ground to activate.. you can set it for rpm,gear,ect,oat anything you want

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
Hondata is the way to go IMO, as Dirty D just stated, it has eevry option you need really for the $$.
AEM is nice as well, it is whats on our H22 car, it also has everything you could need and more.
MS is nice if you are familiar with it. I had MS on my DOHC ZC car for a brief time. Sam, my tuner, uses MS on everything and is very well known for it. The good thing about MS is you can put it on ANYTHING and make it run with enough knowledge.

But IMO, Hondata is the way to go. I have been told ecTune is nice as well, I've never experienced it, but have spoken to people that do have personal experience with it and have heard nothing but good.

·
Registered
nothing
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hondata it is then... :) :) :) thanks for all the info guys

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
i know 3 people using megasquirt on srt4 swaps, its a nice program.. but for a honda id reccomend crome... and hondata if you have the money.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts