1. When you do not have your foot in it
2. psi as far down as safe (say you usually run about 12 or so and your bring it down to like 4)
3. Lets say you a have a T3 turbo with an electronic boost controller and a small FMIC
It does not matter to me what car you have the D16z6 in (crx civic or dels sol) as long as it is turboed.
Yes it can be many diff# depend on the set up.....low boost or power hunger.
Fuel management technique also paly a big role too.(FMU, VAFC Hack, E-mange, Stand alone ECU etc.)
Cause we need to add more gas in a proper portion of what we add air....so be expect more mpg than NA
Diff technique have diff. charactor to ultilize more gas that we add in. Im not familar with FMIC but
My set up VAFC Hack is around 10 Km per liter (city drive) not sure to convert to mpg.
Anyway that is ~10-15% eat more gas when Im on NA
ok then i have a couple more queations-
1. the d16z6 came in the del sol si right? how many did they make of the si del sols for the usa? and the same question for the civic si from 92-95. (in other words how hard of a time am i going to have finding on eto purchace?
2. How is it possible that that you guys are getting like 27MPG or so on average? The turbo eclipses lasers and talons from the early 90's get aroudn like 23 the gallon- is it because these cars weigh from 1900 to 2200 pounds rather than 2400-2900? Or is it that they are just tuned right? Because the 14b turbo on the dsms is smaller than a t3 is it not?
3. if it is all about being tuned right than what the heck do you guys do that the dsm guys don't do? Because that is absolutely insane abd making me want to do this even more if it is all about the tuning (btw the eclipse is a 2.0lt engine is it that it has a biger engine than too?)
one of the factors is that honda prides itself on having high mpg cars. our civics come from the factory with 30-45 mpg motors (depending on which motor). a turbo does not really effect the efficiency of the motor, unless you're stomping on it like crazy. yes, you'll have to add a little more fuel with bigger injectors, but you're not going to see a huge loss from that. it comes from stomping on it, and having fun with the turbo, which a lot of people do because of the boost. but you would see lowered mpg rates even if you were stock and doing that. also a bigger engine will almost always yield lower rates. a 1.6L versus a 5L, common sense will tell you the 1.6L will get better gas mileage. obviously, this isn't ALWAYS the case, but it can kind of be a rule of thumb.
So recently boosted a d16y8 and finally past the break in stage with problems. The car recently started to misfire and run like crap but only when giving throttle input (could be 5%-100%) and it breaks up and backfired but isles fine. When it backfires and runs like crap the A/F reads lean like...
Hey guys i just bought a civic with a built d16 turbo engine with the common vitara setup, its been running fine but the manifold was cracked badly and blowed like hell also looked like a 10year old welded the manifold so the quality is s*it. im not a bad welder and considering making a new...
So every tuner around here is just stupid expensive. Im boosting my car Its a 96 civic cx with a d15b vtec swap.p28 ecu with the obd1 to 2 jumper harness... garret turbo internal wg with a 5lb spring. Hondata.v3 is on its way in the mail. I can chip it myself piece of cake . Is there anyway to...
So am in the process of building a FI 99 civic hatchback
the car was in my family since day 1 of its life as a DD but as it grow older and start breaking up i bought the car wanting to make a fun little car
the car came with the D15z4 engine and automatic transmission and weired ecu...
D16z6/y7 mini me turbo build help!!
I’m planning on building a 500+ HP D16 and I put together a parts list. Can anybody let me know if I am missing anything on the list. Thanks for the help in advance. I know not everything is a necessity but I there are a few bells and whistles I want to add...