Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a y8 mill .002 with 2layer HG, aem CAI, Kamakazie 4-1, greedy cat back..timing is at 14*

thing is i always check my mpg to see where i'm at..today i fill up 8.256 gallon and everytime i fill up i reset my trip...i was sitting at 311 with only 8.256 fill up last time i fill up i had 366 and i fill up with 9.115 gallon..

do the 96-98 civic come with a 10gallon tank or 12 gallon tank??

i drive 45ish mile to work 5days a weak, 90ish mile each day..so i always watch my mpg.. anyone else has the same mod what can comment on mpg??

gao

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
well if you reset your trip last time you filled it up than you used 8.256 (+/-
a little) gal. to drive 311 miles and my calculator says you got 37.669 miles to the gallon. pretty damn good! It does not matter what size tank you have when calculating mpg. :hammer:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
That mileage seems right for your setup. AEM cai is da key :)

With the y8, cai, 4-1 header, and custom 2" catback, I usually get 34-36 on my sucky Autovalue oxygen sensor. Still runs a little rich, I go through plugs every 10k miles. Can't wait to see what mileage will be after I finally can afford the $175 OEM sensor.

·
Registered
915 Posts
well my b7 dosnt have any mods other then a CAI...but i can comment on the mpg and tank size...without runnin the shat out of it i get 38-40 mpg highway with a 4 speed...and the manual SAYS its a 9.9 gallon tank, but when i fill up from empty i always see 10 1/2-11 gallons..and its a 91 hatch

J

·
0 Posts
gaowee said:
hey guys i have a y8 mill .002 with 2layer HG, aem CAI, Kamakazie 4-1, greedy cat back..timing is at 14*

thing is i always check my mpg to see where i'm at..today i fill up 8.256 gallon and everytime i fill up i reset my trip...i was sitting at 311 with only 8.256 fill up last time i fill up i had 366 and i fill up with 9.115 gallon..

do the 96-98 civic come with a 10gallon tank or 12 gallon tank??

i drive 45ish mile to work 5days a weak, 90ish mile each day..so i always watch my mpg.. anyone else has the same mod what can comment on mpg??

gao
since you milled the head I assume your running high octane. If that is the case, you could probably advance the spark timing a little bit, and that would increase your power and also help your MPG. Although with the mods you have you are right on avg. as far as mpg.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet..thats alot guys..i though i civic was getting like 30/34mpg only stock..but with the mods it seem i gain more mpg..i'm running shittie 91 gas only..my timing is at 12* ATM was going to push it to 14* but didnt want to push it with the mill head..so i left it alone..i'm hoping i can get a free tornado thing and it for a weeks to see what happen to my mpg..LoL..tornado.. i rem some guy wanted to race and all he had was a tornado..i was like WTF
91 LS all stock w/tornado Flashing $500 want to race my 91 Si crx with a JG Street/strip Redline motor...haha that was the fastest $500 i had eva made..

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Good MPG!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts