Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a quick answer to my question. Can i use a zc wiring harness and ecu to run MPFI on 89 std? Im doing the swap this weekend and need an answer FAST.
Ne help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yes you can use it as long as its a 88-89 ZC (assuming your referring to an american A1..commonly referred to as a ZC...if its a JDM ZC harness it'll work no matter what year) harness, you'll just have to modify the a6 dizzy to work with the harness. Its no big deal..the ZC uses a distributor with only two sensors internally like the dpfi cars, then the third sensor is on the exhaust cam. All you need to do is either cut the two plugs off the zc harness and wire in a plug to work with mpfi dizzy, or cut off the mpfi dizzy plug and put 5 of the wires into a 6 pin square plug (same as the 1.5 dpfi dizzy uses) and the two position sensor wires into a 2 pin. If you know what your doing with the wiring it'll be cake to figure out. I used a ZC harness a while back and I just opened the loom up and brought the position sensor wires together with the rest of the dizzy wires and then wired them up to a normal a6 style plug..basically made it an a6 harness.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the zc harness is essentially an si harness except for the sensor on th exhaust cam? Thats excatly what i needed to know. Thanks for the help man. How about the ecu. Can i use the pg6 88-89 integra computer. Si computers are really hard to come by at the junkyards, but theres like 10 different pg6s i can get right now. Aslo how hard is it to use a p28 ecu. Im doint a mini-me and i have acces to one. If not im gonna have to get a vtec computer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts