Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 hatch
1,249 Posts
not sure what your asking what wires specifically do you have a diagram to identify all of your connections. from your old to your new. are you swapping only intake manifold or a whole engine, and ecu.

·
Registered
251 Posts
you can use the si mpfi write-up and yes you can switch everything over, but remember you'll have to use the HF ecu, intake and injectors and you wont have the power that switching the intake, ecu and injectors will give you.

·
Registered
251 Posts
no, not pointless should make a slight increase in power, but once you've done the swap you can start getting the upgrades to the intake system to increase it from there. i'ld definitly do the swap, then get any kinks worked out and then start looking for a complete intake(a6,z6,y8, hell even a b7 would flow better then the HF), which ever ecu you're going to use and then you could drop in an a6 cam with a y7/8 camgear.

·
Registered
251 Posts
pic #1 EGR valve ... don't need it for the civic
pic #2 MAp sensor and asst. emissions the civic has this mounted on the fire wall so just use it. if i remember correctly the civic has two vacum hoses running to it off of the intake mani
pic #3 unsure of what your showing may be vac on throttle body?

·
Registered
92 Hatch
433 Posts
I dont know about the power increase with HF stuff... but I did the MPFI swap on my B2 with a Z6 IM and the it made a noticable difference...great upgrade, cheap and a good bang for ur buck...know that I think about it the HF stuff isnt going to be that great...HF ECU and IM with HF injectors, fuel pressure... I would try to find a Z6 IM and a PM6 ECU, but work with what u got... and upgrade later

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you had just a usdm d15b2 and d16a6 you were working with Ide be able to help you out well, but im not familiar with hf's.
HOwever the best bang for your buck MPFI swap on an existing 1.5L(d15b2 usually if U.S./Canada) would be d16a6(pm6) ecu, d16a6 cam(+d16y7/8 cam gear), d16z6 intake manifold+tb, d16a6 injectors and rail(im assuming these 2 a6' parts will interchange with z6 IM).
I have all that I listed above except for the better flowing z6 intake manifold and tb and I have to say low 15's isnt bad for a 1.5l getting 550km/tank in summer.
Good luck with your mpfi conversion, hopefully the link to my writeup in my sig will answer atleast one of your questions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have to ask, but I have a different map sensor going to my Zc sohc motor. Can I just use the good ole firewall map as shown in the pictures above or does it matter? The MAP sensor I have is a small black box type and thats it, it has a vacuum line that is attached to the front of the throttle body. I have both, but unsure which one would work best. ALSO do i need to use EGR valve on 91 crx ZC motor?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts