Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic 4g4d
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Let me start by listing exactly what I've got. I'm running a d16a6 block with d16zc internals, a d16z6 head, a d15b7 dizzy, using an obd0 pm6 ecu, and the intake manifold and rest are all d16zc. With that said, I have completed the Dpfi to mpfi swap by reading many forums from this site. Everything is practically new such as injectors, IRB, and hoses. Now on to my problem. The car at idle and driving under 4000rpm, runs absolutely perfect. However anytime I try to go over or 4000rpm it acts as if it is hitting a rev limiter. It doesnt sound like its cutting out or missing, but just like a rev limiter. on to what I think I've eliminated. I have unhooked each injector to make sure it idles down. and it does. I have undone the vaccum line to the fuel pressure reg. (stock) and it idle surges there. Also have unplugged mass air and that almost cuts it off. so...I have checked my wiring at least a literal 50 times. I am stumped. It is also throwing code 4 and code 10. I know 10 is IAT which I'm aware of, and am fixing but not sure passed that. Any help is great appriciated. Any questions on something I left out I'll be sure to answer quick...Thanks

·
Registered
Honda Civic 4g4d
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dizzy

it is a obd0...its the one off the d15b7 that was factory in the car

·
Registered
Honda Civic 4g4d
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is that why i'm throwing the code 4? CPS? And why would a dizzy make it studder like that. I'm not disagreeing, I'm still learning and am interested

·
Registered
Honda Civic 4g4d
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

thanks, i'll give it a shot. We'll see what happens. But if anyone else knows anymore on this subject I'm nothing but all ears and willing to learn.

·
Registered
59 Posts
well i have a d15b1 made the dpfi 2 mpfi,when i finish it had a problem like tours but mines rev at 2000rpm,it was a fuel injector,then several month later it started to rev at 4000rpm,i started to check all the wires of the dizzy and the plug that have to cable it was lose,so i soldered every cable and there no more problem for me since,btw this is helpfull if you have a/c and when u turn it on the car idle lower than 800rpm,theres a plug top of the map sensor thats need to be grounded,not sure if it the green one

·
Registered
Many cars
257 Posts
you have a D15B2 dizzy. 5wires plus 2 for the coil. You need a D16a6 dizzy if you stay obd0. 7 wires plus 2 for the coil. Not having the CPS will cause limp mode and your early rev limit.

Ive said it a lot so ill say it again. Do a OBD1 conversion and use the correct ecu system to support the vtec head. Otherwise there is no point having the vtec head, so do a a6/b7 headswap.

Ok, i just checked and a VAFC costs upwards of $360!!!! Can we say complete obd1 conversion right there!!!! Not saying you were even gonna get one, but if you were thinking of it hopefully you will weigh out your options before you go that route!!

·
Registered
Honda Civic 4g4d
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you guys for all your help. You have been much help. If you come up with anything else please let me know. Much apprieciated.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
dont bother with obd1, waste of $ if you are just staying n/a. your gonna have to chip your pm6 and run 1 wire vtec. also gonna have to make some mods to the dizzy for it to fit your vtec head.

·
Registered
Honda Civic 4g4d
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dizzy

Well I'm trying to stay obd0 if I can. however, I have a obd1 dizzy laying around. Is there a way i can use it staying obd0? As far as the Vtec head. I have a MSD Act. switch. I know, not good, but its working for now. I'm hoping that obd1 dizzy will work cause a a6 dizzy is almost $200 that I dont really have to spend right now. I guess I can if I have to just hoping theres another way. Thanks guys. Rep to all.

·
Registered
Honda Civic 4g4d
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
okay guys, I got me an A6 dizzy but there is still a problem... There is only two plugs. Its still 5 + 2 on the dizzy, I'm still missing the I got code 4 fixed but now its throwing 9 which is CYP. Any Ideas? Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts