Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Honda Civic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to try obtaining the parts for a MPFI swap on my d15b2 and my main concern is the shift linkage with my transmission and the DPFI and how that will carry over with MPFI, i'm assuming just to make sure I get one from another automatic or is it all the same? Another question also is it worth doing a head swap at the same time and if so what head?

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
IIRC the cables from the B2 are longer than the ones used in the MPFI models so you should have enough to make it work.

The head swap won't be needed, keep the stock B2 cam with the auto trans.

·
Registered
1989 Honda Civic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IIRC the cables from the B2 are longer than the ones used in the MPFI models so you should have enough to make it work.

The head swap won't be needed, keep the stock B2 cam with the auto trans.
Awesome, I live in Colorado so trying to just get a little more power for driving around. I know the throttle cable should be fine it's just the cable that goes from the throttle body to the trans that tells it when to shift that i'm worried about. I also know i'll have to get a different ECU that will work with the auto and MPFI correct?

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
The PS9 from the 90-91 EX auto should work but hard to find. Also the PG7 integra auto ECU will work but not as well (runs a little richer). Not sure if there are other ones that work.

·
Registered
1989 Honda Civic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The PS9 from the 90-91 EX auto should work but hard to find. Also the PG7 integra auto ECU will work but not as well (runs a little richer). Not sure if there are other ones that work.
Thank you, guess I better get looking then

1 - 5 of 5 Posts