Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just finished a D15B1 mpfi swap, with a B2 head and a 1990 D16A6 cam, 1991 Si intake and throttle body, 98 Ex injectors, and a BRAND NEW TD-02 dizzy.

finally got the car started, but it sounds like crap and is IDLING at 3000 rpm. mechanical timing is absolutely spot on, (i have checked the timing marks 5 times)

has NEW tps, NEW EACV, the Fast Idle Control Valve has been cleaned out and has a new o-ring. all gaskets are new, all injector o-rings are new, only seals that were re-used were the IAT o-ring. IAT was never separated.

new timing belt, tensioner, and water pump.

kinda at my wits end. at this point anything helps.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,389 Posts
98 injectors on obd1/0 car? you can do that, or are you saying to rewired them to work? did you bleed the coolant? checked for any vacuum leaks with carb cleaner?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am running OBD2 injectors wired directly to the ecu without a resistor. Coolant has been bled, run, and bled again, all mating surfaces are right and leak-free, all vacuum lines are new except brake booster, and the TB gasket matches exactly to the th and mounting flange. Cable ha a little slack in it. And the gas pedal does absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Map was never disconnected. Ever. But now the engine is running fine, but when I hit the gas it bogs down before revving up, and then when it comes back down it just dies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pm6 ecu, TPS was calibrated, but it's running .4-4.25V instead of .5-4.5V slightest movement skipped to .7-4.8V

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So TPS is calibrated correctly., still idles rough, but it's idling at 850 with an occasional surge towards 450. When I push the gas the engine hesitates, SLOWLY revs up, then drops to 250ish rpm. Still can't find any vacuum leaks, intake and throttle body are both on tight, injectors are working fine. I'm really just lost

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
as stupid as this may sound, have you made sure ALL of your grounds are connected and tight? also you have quite a few mismash of parts. was the head cut down and you are off by a tooth?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cut down as in machined? I don't think so. I pulled the head from a DA integra with a d15B2 at the junk yard and rebuilt it myself. The only ground that was ever disconnected was the thermostat housing, which I took a wire brush and some 220 grit sand paper to before bolting the ground back on tight. The trans-chassis-battery ground is tight and so is the valve cover-body ground.

How is it a mismash of parts? Everything came out of a 1990-1991 civic ex or si except for the injectors and head.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,389 Posts
what cam gear are you using?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was using the stock gear from thea6 cam, which I pulled off and compared side by side with the B1 gear, and both look identical.but am swapping the old b1 to see if it makes any difference.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,429 Posts
88-95 cam gears are all the same, but the cam timing is not due to the 5mm difference in block deck heights.

Hos is the motor once you get it above 3000 rpms?

1/2 tooth retard IMHO. Dynoed it in 1999.

4.75 degrees cam timing error

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After swapping the b1 back in and adjusting the distributor to run 16 BTDC, it idles fine, runs much smoother, and has a little better response to throttle, but it still splutters a bit when I put my foot down. When cold, it's running 1000 instead of 1500. So could it be that my NEW EACV is bad?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also surged a little between 500 and 1000 at idle, after going for a short test drive, with my foot NOT on the gas pedal, it slowly revs up to 3000, then drops back down to 400

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Cut down as in machined? I don't think so. I pulled the head from a DA integra with a d15B2 at the junk yard and rebuilt it myself. The only ground that was ever disconnected was the thermostat housing, which I took a wire brush and some 220 grit sand paper to before bolting the ground back on tight. The trans-chassis-battery ground is tight and so is the valve cover-body ground.

How is it a mismash of parts? Everything came out of a 1990-1991 civic ex or si except for the injectors and head.
if you pulled anything off of a d15b2 in any integra, it's been dicked around with... DA integras all came with B's here

1 - 20 of 22 Posts