Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after much parts gathering and money spent I have most everything for my mpfi swap. But I've read that I need a new fuel line that goes from the fuel filter to the fuel rail. Is this correct? Mine looks like it might work but I'm just guessing by looking at it.
Only reason I'm asking is because I can't find one and its one of the three little things I still need. I'm just getting impatient lol. But I want to do everything right so if I need to find a new line I'll find one somewhere or maybe even buy a new one.

Thanks, Steve

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump, No one knows? :no:

·
Registered
735 Posts
i dont know if the dpfi line works, however i do know that the SI one does and is the RIGHT way of doing it. gp to a junk yard and grab one. ive seen tons at my local yard

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, now I need to find one in a junk yard lol
Can anyone else back up that the dpfi fuel line won't fit?

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and also, does anyone know if anything else currently on my car won't fit? Like vacuum or coolant lines? I know the throttle cable is way too long.

And my (forgive me I don't remember what its called) thing the throttle cable wraps around and attaches to:

rotates counter-clockwise. is this going to cause a problem? I read somewhere where someone had to switch this with one from a y7. My tb is from a y8

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are pics of all the ports that are in question:

These are on the front

and these are on the back

The question is will all the hoses that are currently on the car mate up with all the ports on the y8 intake mani and throttle body?

Thanks to all

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
your throttle body is fine and your thottle cable will work fine too just be a little longer. youll have to extend map sensor wires from firewall map sensor to one on ur new throttlebody. im not seein a purge control solenoid on your manifold make sure you run a vacuum line to the one on firewall then. im not a 100% but i think i used the dx fuel line when i did mine. but i did it like 5 years ago so i cant really remember.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that link demofly, that gets the throttle cable out of the way, and kind of gets the fuel line question answered. And thanks freon I'll look into that. :bigok:

·
Registered
416 Posts
I was told that the DPFI line works fine, but it absolutely did not work at all when I MPFI swapped. No fuel was getting into the rail at all, it was just building up pressure at the banjo fitting and spraying out.

If you can't find an Si line, then a 5th gen civic line will work fine since they're all MPFI. I used a 5th gen line. You can pick them up on ebay for cheap if you can't find one locally.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool, thanks for the good info! I can't wait to finish this. I've been dragging it out over time. I almost went ahead and bought the distributor the other day but it wouldn't have left me with much money. So glad I didn't because right front blew out on my way to work yesterday. I had to change the tire in 15 degree weather, plus I was hella late to work because of it. Now I have to find a new tire asap because its snowing and we've already got a good inch just this morning.

Here's to you old man winter! :fawk:

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
Cool, thanks for the good info! I can't wait to finish this. I've been dragging it out over time. I almost went ahead and bought the distributor the other day but it wouldn't have left me with much money. So glad I didn't because right front blew out on my way to work yesterday. I had to change the tire in 15 degree weather, plus I was hella late to work because of it. Now I have to find a new tire asap because its snowing and we've already got a good inch just this morning.

Here's to you old man winter!
:fawk:
Your a trooper, keep up the good work and good luck with your build :TU:

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks lol I just got off the phone with the warranty people and I'm impressed! I bought my tires at Tire Discounters in Ohio and they don't exist here in Tennessee But they are still going to honor my warranty through another tire store here. They have been a pretty good company to me for almost three years. I didn't think they would do a damn thing.

On the other hand, My custom engine harness for the swap should be here in the next day or so. dpfi to mpfi harness built exactly to my needs and without having to send my current harness out was $150 and he's throwing in a resistor box. Fuckin sweet! :3dbiggrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts