Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my build is in my sig a lot of crazy shut its fully built I don't plan on boosting high right now say 8-10lbs dd on a t3/04e ad 18-20 on occasions any ways I got my motor done and every thing I need but the mounts wondering if the stock mounts paired with these tq mounts would be cool for now till I get my innovative mounts or should I just wait and I know these are eBay no name mounts but shit their way better than stock tq mounts any day.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Civic-EG-EK-Engine-Billet-Motor-Torque-Mount-B20-D16-/120940865733?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:1998|Model:Civic&hash=item1c28a328c5&vxp=mtr

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And the reason can't get the mounts is moving in two weeks so spent money on security deposit and rent and furniture and have two kids so innovative mounts will come in 2-3months wondering if I can run stock mounts and better tq mounts runnin 8-10lbs an on occasion 18-20lbs roll not off the line boost just so I can drop this damn thing and tune all ready or just have it sitting pretty for 3more months :|

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What kind of epoxy?

Also will I have to remove the mounts or can I fill them while their on the car still and let the car sit for a day or two? Hmm wish my junk yards had Honda right about now

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd wait till you can do it right with the innovate mounts. I've seen builds take longer than the loan on a new car. That's persistence.

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
3,888 Posts
IMO, function over form, with that said diy fill your stock mounts. if you dont like them then you can still go get the aftermarket ones of your choice.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
And did you have to pull the morton to place them in? And the the mount inserts not the tq stop inserts?
Only using the lower tq ones. I was going to order the top motor one but felt i didnt need it.

The lower one i had to remove the mount. Its the type that slide in on the front and back.

here is what the top motor one looks like
ebay link es insert
It goes in tho mount

But to each his own. My friend had a mount and tq bar on his 95 hatch with a gsr and at red lights it was crap. The dash would shake and it just didnt sound right. But then you take off it does hold the motor in place.

But for me the insert work great i dont get the dash moving and when i take off the motor is still in place. A lil play is nice.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Theirs an insert on that mount pic? I don't see it ?
lol. no. Probably my fault also im sick and half sleep.

the tq mount look like this. I cant find my pix but a quick google pull

Thats what i got on my car now.

I was going to by the top motor mount one that would go into the first pix but i felt it wasnt needed after installing the lower insert.

Hopfully this means sense

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
3,890 Posts
es insets ftw and if its a 97-00 i would rather not go with a cheap drivers mount it will never fit

1 - 20 of 38 Posts