Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That plug on the back of the d17a valve cover.....looks like someone could mount a distributor there.....does the cam have the distributor drive notch on it? Has anyone opened up their d17 and looked? I want to put one in a 93 as a replacement.....

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
why the heck would you want to put a dizzy on a dizzy less car?
i would love to have dizzy less ignition

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not?

It was only a question. If someone has actually had a d17 apart and noted whether or not the cam has the distributor drive slot and would be willing to tell me would be extremely helpful.

But to answer your question, I'm considering putting a d17 into a 93 sedan.

thanks

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
They use that whole magnetic pick-up trigger thingie doo dah, most guys over here say it sucks. I don't know anyone that's gone back to a dizzy on one.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
assininecur said:
It was only a question. If someone has actually had a d17 apart and noted whether or not the cam has the distributor drive slot and would be willing to tell me would be extremely helpful.

But to answer your question, I'm considering putting a d17 into a 93 sedan.

thanks
WHY? Way too much hassle and there gutless! Trust me I won one, plus there is no aftermarket support. You can get JDM d15b Longblock for $375 from guy on here. THere clean and have hella low mileage from JP!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
d17 distrib stuff....

Thanks for all your replies.

Again, I was only asking a question, "Is it possible to physically stick (and make it turn, work) a d series distributor onto the head of a d17a*?" All I need is a yes or no. Either I can or I can't.

I fully understand that DIS is vastly superior to distributor systems. I know that b series and other d series engines may be much more preferable to stick in a 93 dx sedan.

I'm simply asking if a distributor will bolt up and work on a d17a.

Thanks, sincerely.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope can't be done cause there is no notch in the cam for the distributor to hook up. i actually have a d17a1 (non vtec) cam still around my house from when i had my 02 7thgen which i sold to go old school. i still have my pnp head too and thought about seeing if it would work with mine but no dice. oh well soon to be turboed jdm d15b vtec del sol owns my 7thgen, but it was still a nice car to work with though.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh yeah and i got to thinkin about you saying there is a plug on the d17a1 and that's because that is where the vtec solenoid would be if it were a d17a2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts