Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really don't know if this is the right section to post it but I've searched and found nothing to help me out..I have a 93 civic 4dr dx..I plan on swapping either a y7 or a z6. I was wondering if I would be able to use the DX front motor mount,that mounts on the engine and body,on the swap. This is a budget build so I really don't want to spend money if I dont need to.

Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you only need to have three mounts to mount the engine to the chassis. driver, passenger, and the t-backet in the back.
I know that you need those mounts to mount the motor/trans into the engine bay:shocked:..But if you read my post CAREFULLY, that wasn't the question.

THE QUESTION IS, what front timing belt mount, and matching moun,t do I use if I plan on swapping in y7 motor/head combo into a 92 civic 4dr??? Can I reuse my 1.5 mount or do I need to purchase a Z6 mount???

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
THE QUESTION IS, what front timing belt mount, and matching moun,t do I use if I plan on swapping in y7 motor/head combo into a 92 civic 4dr??? Can I reuse my 1.5 mount or do I need to purchase a Z6 mount???
you use your mounts, 96-00 ej mounts are not the same as yours, close but not the same. the only mount that might be the same, i am not going to look for you refer to next part of my post, is the first part of the engine mount. the little cast iron piece that is directly attached to the block, but i doubt it.

the reason why i posted the info about the tq mounts only, is cause you could have easily figured out what mounts you needed if you had searched. it is not posted cause it is easy to find using a part number comparison. simply locate a honda online parts store and order all the mounts for both cars. if there is a common mount, it will either add another to one of the quantity or highlight the mount in question as having already been ordered before you select it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^^ THANKS sage and 99EJ6T for the replys.. ^^^^^^

I didn't mean to be a a-hole 99EJ6T but I just wanted a easy answer..I really don't have time to really go into depth about searching.. I did the usual NOOB thing and typed "mount" in the forum search..Not much came up..

And you also brought up a good valid point about part #'s..I feel like a dumb ass..I work at a ferkin Honda dealership..:cussing:..Didn't think of that..

Thanks again!!!:TU:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts