Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In a bit of a dilemma. For starters this is not the casual d16 vs b16. Please continue.
I have a y8 head delta 272-2, supertech springs and retainers.
Y7 block a6 crank vitara/eagle. Z6 trans with rebuilt obx LSD.
An opportunity has came up where I could add on 1.5k$ to my total for a b16 with cp pistons gsr crank and eagle rods. B16 head with itr cams.
B16 trans non LSD.
What to do?
Goal is a daily driver and see 300+ reliable AND longevity. Both on 93. What would you do?
Will edit later, at work.

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts
They will both handle 300 well if they are built right so I would just keep the d, are you including a new turbo manifold in that 1.5k pricetag to swap?

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
PC pistons? do you mean PCT aka b16b? or CP forged? so you've essentially got a poor mans b16b vs a built D

that's a tough one...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's all I wanted was opinions. I'm just very nervous about the strength of vitaras. But I know people really push me now days compared to years ago.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Switching to a B series is o.my worth it if it's a B18 or B20 the B16 doesn't have much torque at all...
He said it has a GSR crank ... which give it an extra 10mm of stroke, and I'm guessing makes it close to 1.8L. Still my stroked D16 will out torque your average B18 swap all day. Even with a 1.6 crank you have more stroke than any B series ... torque = fun on the street.

·
Registered
393 Posts
with 1.5k you can build 10 more back up vitara d's for stand by. honestly unless it has a baller manifold and an bunch of high end parts included its not worth the price tag imo. btw what length rods are in there? theyd have to be short as hell to not be a stupid compression

·
B-series Destroyer
912 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
In a bit of a dilemma. For starters this is not the casual d16 vs b16. Please continue.
I have a y8 head delta 272-2, supertech springs and retainers.
Y7 block a6 crank vitara/eagle. Z6 trans with rebuilt obx LSD.
An opportunity has came up where I could add on 1.5k$ to my total for a b16 with cp pistons gsr crank and eagle rods. B16 head with itr cams.
B16 trans non LSD.
What to do?
Goal is a daily driver and see 300+ reliable AND longevity. Both on 93. What would you do?
Will edit later, at work.
with 1.5k you can build 10 more back up vitara d's for stand by. honestly unless it has a baller manifold and an bunch of high end parts included its not worth the price tag imo. btw what length rods are in there? theyd have to be short as hell to not be a stupid compression
Keep the d . its s no brainier.
This really is a no-brainer. If your goal is only 300whp with boost. Why would you ever step to another platform? Now if you started saying 4, 5, 600. Then things start to slant the other direction.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Either motor is up to the task of 300HP.

But the D is lighter, will make more torque, and you already have the motor and a transmission with an LSD for it. Stick with what you already have.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Im calling BS on the setup. Not saying OP isn't posting exactly what he has been told by seller BUT lets look at some maths

Deck Height
b16 - 203.25
b18c/b16b - 212.39

Stroke
b16 - 77.4
b18c - 87.2

Rod length
b16 - 134
b18 - 137.9

Compression height
PR3/P30 - 30mm
P72 - 30.05

Now what all these maths tell us is without a rod that is around 5mm shorter and custom pistons, that setup right there can't be done.

Now this is not saying that said custom pieces aren't installed, but if just spent the money to have custom rods and pistons made to stroke a b16 why would I trade it for a single cam?? :confused:

·
Registered
114 Posts
keep the D, put the money elsewhere

1 - 20 of 31 Posts