Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just did the Z6/A6 minime and every time i start up the engine it rocks like CRAZY, even on light revs it gives a pretty good kick, should a spring for stock replacment mounts go for aftermarket ones or get some of those inserts?

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
i would spring for aftermarket ones. rs machines had a deal on here for some good looking mounts and traction bars. ill look for the link.

EDIT: couldnt find the traction bar post. but here is the mounts. good price.

http://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=63286

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright thanks for the info i might have to go with the insert cause after seeing those run about 250-300 buck the inserts are a pretty good price at 50-100. unless i can find some mount locally or on ebay for cheaper im gonna go with inserts

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
right on. they will help. there are also some other things to help. engine damper. window weld . anythings better than stock ripped mounts =). gl mang.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks forgot about the engine damper ill have to do some drawing and see what i can make, but what is window weld?

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
make?. they are for sale . window weld is a sort of caulk usdet for stiffening your mounts. pretty much like cement when its done.. your motor wont move.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it'll be cheaper to make, and the window weld is a good idea my brothers got it on his 1st gen crx it does work good just forgot what it was.

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
i found one for 80 bucks. depends on what car you have tho. i guess its and a6 block with a z6 head i'd venture to say si crx

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1988 crx si I'll probably just go for the inserts and maybe get some traction bars will see

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
^Windoweld for the win (that's a sloppy ass job though, mine look stock.) Just buy a tube of 3M Windoweld Superfast Urethane, a roll of painters masking tape, and pull your old mounts one at a time. Tape off one side and lay the mount so the taped side is on the bottom. Carefully fill the mountys with urethane and wait 24 hours for it to cure voila solid urethane mounts. I did the front torque mount and the drivers side mount so far, gonna do the tranny mount too soon here. So far my car vibrates to my womans liking and more importantly my motor DOES NOT MOVE!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts