Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasnt sure where to post this, I have a 91 ef hatch with a d15b2, I want to get some motormount inserts but i cant find em. all i find is the whole mount for a swap. do they even make em, or can i fill them with someting, I have heard of this being done but dont know what to use.

ANY HELP APPRECIATED!!

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
You can look on ebay... Some people on here have used "Window Weld" do a search and you should find it. They swear by it.
Good luck, Don

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know what the motor is out of, it is supposed to be a swap at some point, but It is a D15b2 stamped on the motor. what should the d15b2 be out of then.

as for the mount info, thanks guys

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahahahah, that funny.^^^^^

dont care too much where it came form, just responding to the previous coment by Green 91.

·
Registered
857 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is ther a certin bennefit to use one over the other,
also what is the window weld actually called(brand and such)

·
Registered
91 Posts
window weld sucks.

http://www.mcmaster.com/ search for 8644K11. that'st he medium stuff. If you want solid, vibrating mounts, get the 8644K18.

It's 2 bottles, mix them per the instructions. tape up one side of your mount, make sure its tight and nothing can get through. if its not sealed properly, the liquid will leak through and leave a mess everywhere. pour in the mix and let it dry over night.

you can do about 4-5 mounts with one purchase.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Inserts are _lot_ easier and faster, with that price I wouldn't personally mess up with "window weld" or others..

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
When I got my used engine the guy was nice enought to give me a whole pack of motor mounts inserts for my d16z6, is there a special way of installing this. Can anybody point me to the right direction. I would like to use them since everything is brand new on my now turbo d16z6, coming soon......

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
You can look on ebay... Some people on here have used "Window Weld" do a search and you should find it. They swear by it.
Good luck, Don
I've heard this as well, a guy locally putting down between 350-400 hp out of a turbo z6 is using stock mounths with the stuff. He recommended it to me when i asked him the same thing about what mounts to run.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts