Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I get inserts do they replace the whole busing in the motor mount, or do they just supplement them. I am doing a swap and don't want to spend $180 on all new motor mounts, will these be all that I need?

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
they just insert into the existing motor mount.

if the stock mounts are worn or broken, i highly recommend replacing them, and then using the inserts.

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
Or do the old windoweld trick. If you do this make sure to use 3M Super fast Windo Weld. I gotta warn you though I just finished doing all my mounts and that shit is stiff as hell!!! The windo weld come in a tube kinda like caulk.You just tape off one side and fill the mount in. Originally got the idea from Dave Coleman of Sport Compact Car Magazine and that dude knows his shit! $15 total for all 4 mounts and no problems so far. Some people have said they had trouble, but I have a feeling they werent using the Super Fast type .

:edit if your mounts are fucked I wouldn't reccommend this, it's more for new mounts or used mounts with no major wear or tears.

edit of my edit LOL nice screen name BTW.

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
yea for my torque mounts i used window weld then for the 3 regular mounts i have the poly inserts!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts