Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First post here, but I've been lurking for a while now.

Bought my crx with a d15y7 motor but with the a6 tranny.

My motor mounts are shot and I need advice on:
1) Which mounts will be compatible with my motor/chassis?
2) I still want an OEM feel, so what mount isn't super stiff but is a slight upgrade?
3) It's a definite budget build, so I'm trying to avoid some high dollar Hasport mounts if possible.

Would something like this work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INNOVATIVE-MOUNTS-D-SERIES-STEEL-MOUNT-KIT-88-91-HONDA-CIVIC-CRX-EF-D15-D16-/290933932596?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43bd038234&vxp=mtr

Thanks in advance, and thanks for all the great info available on the site.

-Mac

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Ask them what stiffness bushing they are using in that kit you posted. You probably want 60a (red) which is good for street use but make sure they don't give you the 95a (red) because you will lose your teeth with all the vibrations.

·
Registered
276 Posts
1) You need the mounts that match your car. I believe that on the driver side, you need the inner mount as well (the part that bolts to the block behind the timing cover). I'm not 100% certain about the above details, so hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

2) Anything other than OEM rubber will be stiff and vibrate (mostly at idle).

3) If you have OEM mounts that are not completely ripped out, you could fix them by filling their voids with this:
3M 08609 Window-Weld Super Fast Urethane Black Cartridge - 10.5 fl oz. : Amazon.com : Automotive

The tube contains more than enough urethane to fill a complete set of mounts. I filled my mounts and the car does vibrate more at idle, but personally, I prefer the increased responsiveness the car has with this setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts