Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all..

i just purchased a 1993 honda del sol. Nw i know where the engine code is on these motors, but this one is completely runned out where you cant read it.. makes ya think. Anyways, i believe its a 1.6, and i do know for a fact that its only an 8 valve, does anyone know exactly what motor this is?

Some people i have asked have asked some of these questions:
is there power lock: no
4 wheel disc brakes: yes
a/c: yes
automatic: yes

i dont know why, but they said they could look it up from those items, but never got back to me. so anyways, can anyone tell me what motor code mine is?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If it's only an 8 valve it's probebly a D15B8, and that's not what came in it. It should be a D15B7 if it's non-VTEC, D16Z6 for SOHC VTEC, and B16 if it's DOHC VTEC. Any other motor and it's not the original motor.

·
Registered
Del sol
319 Posts
With pics we can tell you a lot more with the VIN # we can tell you what it was out of the factory but cannot know what was done in the 10+ years that it has been in the world.

They ask about brakes because:

'93 Civic Del Sol - Standard Features/Equipment:

S: Included as Standard: Removable Roof Panel, Dual Manual Remote Control Mirrors (Painted Body Color), Auxilary Lights, Full Wheel Covers (13 x 5J), Driver's Side Air bag (SRS),Impact-Absorbing Body-Colored Bumpers, 3 Point Seat Belts, Power Side Windows with Auto "Down", Power Rear Window, Tachometer, Resetable Trip Odometer, Adjustable Steering Column, Center Armrest with Storage Compartment and Beverage Holder, Audio System Cover, Reclining Seat backs, Center Locking Rear Storage Compartments, Digital Quartz Clock, Coin Box, Remote Fuel Filler Door Release with Lock, Trunk/Cargo Area Light, 2-Speed Intermittent Wipers, Trunk Open Warning Light, Rear Window "Down" Warning Light, Rear Window Defroster with Timer, In Trunk Roof Storage System, High-Mount Brake Light, 4-Wheel Double Wishbone Suspension, Power-Assisted Front Disc/Rear Drum Brakes, Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers, All-Season Radial Tires (P175/70 R13 82S), 1.5 litre 102-Horsepower SOHC 16-Valve Engine with Multi-Point Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 5-Speed Manual Transmission (standard) or Available (Option) 4-Speed Automatic with Electronically Controlled Lockup Torque Converter.

Exterior colors: Milano Red, Captiva Blue (Pearl), Granda Black (Pearl), Frost White.
Interior colors: All Black with upper Gray panels.

Si: adds: Dual Remote-Control Power Mirrors, Cruise Control, Power-Assisted Steering, Front 21mm Stabilizer Bar, Color-Keyed Center Seat Stripe, Dual Warning Horns, Low-Profile 14" All-Season Radial Tires (P185/60 R14 82H), Alloy Wheels (14 x 5 1/2 JJ), 4-Wheel Disc Brakes, 1.6 Litre 125 Horsepower SOHC 16-Valve Engine with Multi-Point Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) with Variable Valve Timing, Front Chin Spoiler(* See note at end for more on this). Also a special model was made this year to introduce the del sol in Samba Green only with optional Alloy Wheel painted same color as car along with special stripping (800 models were made Nationwide according to a magazine article, almost half were delievered in Florida for some unknown reason).

Exterior colors: Milano Red, Samba Green (Pearl), Granda Black (Pearl), Captiva Blue (Pearl).
Interior colors: All Black with upper Gray panels.

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
wow bro never heard of a 8 valve motor in it but D is right the only 8 valve i know of also is the d15b8 motor thats kinda messed up someone to stick you with that piece

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
wow bro never heard of a 8 valve motor in it but D is right the only 8 valve i know of also is the d15b8 motor thats kinda messed up someone to stick you with that piece
Yeah, but thoes are the motors you put rocks and shit in the Intake manifold. and hear the outcome.. lol have someone at the end with a video recorder, watching for shit to some out.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
you can't tell a 8v motor from a 16v motor unless you pull the valve cover.........

·
Registered
Del sol
319 Posts
well might be able too tell unless it has been modified. The intake manifold and tb is a lot smaller on the b8 than the b7.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts