Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
well you arent supposed to apply full engine load to a new clutch for about 500 miles, so i think this method would conflict with that. My exedy lasted me 6 months because i didnt break it in properly. im hoping to not have any issues with my Centerforce Stage 2 because i was easy on it for the full 500 miles required

·
dont fuck with me, I know some gang members
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty much what I was thinking. What about only going up to around 4000rpm and/or 65mph? Or is it the hard acceleration and decceleration that's really going to kill the clutch?

This is something that I've been wondering for a while and just now got around to asking. I'm still a complete n00b with transmission stuff.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,433 Posts
ok, once clutch is locked up........how does it know the difference between 3000 rpm and 7500 rpm?????

Just no major slippage (3rd gear away from traffic light) or full throttle shifts.

Slippage = heat, some heat needed to bed in the clutch just like your brake pads!

I broke in the latest clutch in 25 miles......including a 3rd gear start due to tranny issues. Looks like a full face Exedy stock replacement, chirps third nicely......

·
dont fuck with me, I know some gang members
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. That makes sense. So basically, just don't bog it or hammer on it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts