Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a set of Motegi Racing rims (should be motegi crap rims) and let me tell you it was the biggest waste of money, even though they were cheaper then most rims. Not only were they the heaviest part I put on the car they were crap. Crap because the spokes stuck out further then the body. Any little rock that got caught up in the windmill scratched the crap out of them. When I told Motegi about it they said there was nothing they could do, even though there was a warrantee on them. I will NEVER buy from MOTEGI ever again. Also, tell everyone about the shitty product they produce. The biggest waste of 900$ in my life! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Q

·
0 Posts
No dount motegis's suck. My boy has some on a neon,they are less that 2 years old and the clear coat is turning yellow and coming off in places. Yes there heavy as hell too.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I have the FF7's. They are about 2 months old and the clear is starting to peel. Although I really like them, I will sent them back to American Racing. I didnt spend $900 though....more like $450....never the less, I have heard a lot of people having problems with the clear coat....

·
Registered
265 Posts
my friend has these also. After 1 summer of driving and a little bit of sitting in his garage the clear coat is starting to peel on a couple of the rims. I think he has the mr7's or something but i'm not positive on the model. They're also quite heavy.

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great replies... keep em coming, let as many people know! That company sucks, o and yeah I got ripped off (thanks for the reminder)!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts