Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going to go witht he zc in the hatch, but i decided to run the jdm dohc zc tuned with uber up grade the fuel pump and fpr. im going to use my turbo kit on it. my friend is helping me tune it and hes pretty damn good, if we do a hella good tune and i upgrade my fuel system would i be able maybe to run 5psi daily drivin and 15 on a saturday before i race? i know 15psi is kinda high but its kind of a race i need to pull off

·
Registered
429 Posts
you can run 8psi reliably all day long... 15psi and your going to blow your engine sooner or later... You need a built motor for that..

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
47264459357 psi easy :smile:

psi is an arbitrary value, it doesnt mean shit. it depends on what turbo you are running because all turbos flow different air at the same psi

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
im running the 2nd gen dsm, dsm injectors as well, ive heard of people running 12 psi on these turbos and ive seen one idiot running 20psi on his talon stock and the motor died. with a good tune and correct fuelmanagement for one race could i run 12-15psi and not damage anything

·
Registered
429 Posts
ryan89crx said:
47264459357 psi easy :smile:

psi is an arbitrary value, it doesnt mean shit. it depends on what turbo you are running because all turbos flow different air at the same psi
I'm not saying yoiu can't do it but you do have a higher chance of breaking something on a stock motor.... Their is never a garentee your not going to break something.... But if you are going to run that much boost on an old engine I'd suggest having an extra motor laying around if it's your only ride...

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its pretty much our weekend car for the track and street races, this guy ive known for a while is buying an 06 vette and he wants to go paychecks with anyone i know or me. i rode in one last month there pretty quick but my friends integra pulled faster i drove it right after i drove the vette and the integra pulled a 12.9 on slicks at the track here and that track is pretty high altitued (im in utah) so im going to try to build this dohc zc to take the vette, i just need the motor to last one run lol hes making 25grand a check he gets paid monthly working for this company in iraq

·
Registered
600 Posts
It should take it, but it may not run very long. A friend of mine pulled a 12.5 with a turbo'd ZC, it was a larger turbo than your DSM at 15PSI. It only lasted thru one weekend or drags and about 2 weeks street driving and it got a rod knock. Careful tuning should win your race but don't expect it to last much longer.

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rkcarguySI said:
It should take it, but it may not run very long. A friend of mine pulled a 12.5 with a turbo'd ZC, it was a larger turbo than your DSM at 15PSI. It only lasted thru one weekend or drags and about 2 weeks street driving and it got a rod knock. Careful tuning should win your race but don't expect it to last much longer.
what turbo was he running, its going to be ran 5psi than 15 for the race

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pretty much what i plan on doing. normally if someone told me that id laugh cuz they would never pay but he will so im going to give it a shot. when i run him the video will be on this site

·
Registered
23 Posts
you should be able to run 7 psi daily, 5 is a little low. even know psi isn't an accurate unit, like said above but somthin like that

·
Registered
424 Posts
NEP-tuningalltheway said:
its pretty much our weekend car for the track and street races, this guy ive known for a while is buying an 06 vette and he wants to go paychecks with anyone i know or me. i rode in one last month there pretty quick but my friends integra pulled faster i drove it right after i drove the vette and the integra pulled a 12.9 on slicks at the track here and that track is pretty high altitued (im in utah) so im going to try to build this dohc zc to take the vette, i just need the motor to last one run lol hes making 25grand a check he gets paid monthly working for this company in iraq
That 06 Corvette better not be a Z06. If it is you don't stand a chance. The 06 Z06 runs high 11s right off the showroom floor. Uless you build the block and get a bigger turbo I doubt that you will be able to get enough HP to beat a new Vette.

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
i was thinking the same thing
better see what model it is first
15 psi wont cut it if its a z06 man, and if its not, turn that boost up idf your not worrie dabout blowing it, id say 15 -18 psi should hold for long enough to beat him lol

·
Registered
344 Posts
the stock motor can handle about 200-225 HP with a good tuning. any more, and i would build the bottom end.

the amount of PSI doesn't mean CRAP..its as long as you don't go over the power rating

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jimmyb34 said:
i was thinking the same thing
better see what model it is first
15 psi wont cut it if its a z06 man, and if its not, turn that boost up idf your not worrie dabout blowing it, id say 15 -18 psi should hold for long enough to beat him lol
ya man i dont think he will be getting the z06. if he does thats when i call my friends shop and make a deal.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts