Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know the answer is up in the air but tell me what you think

i have a 94 ex (z6) that im gonna rebuild the motor and turbo....homemade turbo kit.......i dont want HUGE power numbers but 200whp would be GREAT.......whats the most "practical" snail to use?....i want it to hit full boost around 3K and make power till like 7.5k.....would a t3/t4 be overkill?...t28 be more practical?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
.42/.48 t3 :TU:

fast spool, and will support 200 pretty easy. figure that 10psi is going to get you right in that ballpark. i managed 12psi by 3300 on my a6 :TU:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so t3 it is?.....cant i use the top half of a stock exhaust mani to bolt up to the turbo if i wanted?....this is a BUDGET game for me

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
so t3 it is?.....cant i use the top half of a stock exhaust mani to bolt up to the turbo if i wanted?....this is a BUDGET game for me
if you are using the top half of a HF/CX mani, yes. any other manifold will hang the turbo too low

and yes a straight t3, you can usually find a real Garrett used for around $100

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
was considering a FULL out all motor build for the z6 and hopin 2 hit 150....but ill wait for my em1 and make that my all motor poormans type-r and have a boosted z6....sooner the better!

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
14b is a factory 1st gen eclipse turbo i think. i would go with the t3 if it were me. get a cx or hf mani, an adapter plate from bmc, dsm side mount possibly dsm bov, dsm 450s, and tune with crome for the ultimate budget build. and 200 is definatley in that ballpark.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
think i might go with a fmic just b/c.....anything else you would suggest?

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
the only dissadvantage of a front mount is the boost pressure drop you will have with that small of a turbo.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
yea go with the t3... the 14b is tiny! its basically as big as a dounut and u will loose boost by 3500-4000... really shitty in my opinion but it is dirt cheap! but go with the T3....
Have you ever tried a 14b?

The 14b is a great turbo for 200 WHP.
It spools super fast because it has more blades on the turbine but it does run out of steam up top. On a stock d it shouldn't choke.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts