Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we are unloved by many but i love my jrsc. Im only running the 6ilbs of boost. I heard around that you can make 9ilbs with the crv pulley. I dont know if this is true. Can anyone help. another question is...Is there any other way to increase the boost on the jrsc on my d16z6?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Only the B-series chargers use the crv pulley. I run a Y7/Y8 crank pulley and a 3.4" nose pulley on my charger and I'm getting 11 psi. But I ported my charger and manifold myself. Which crank and what size charger pulley are you running?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
At one time they had a boost upgrade for the the jrsc, it came with a crank pulley, new belt, thermostat, new plugs and boost timing controller. But that was back in the day when I had mine. I had a pulley custom made for mine that put it to 16 psi, but I lost it a long time ago lol.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Moss discontinued it last year. I was thinking about it til I heard Jim tell me he bought the last one they had on the shelf.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
HAHA Keith at Moss told me they were out of them 2 years ago!!!!!! The y7-8 pulley is still bigger than the upgrade one.

Oh and 16 psi man you must of really hated that blower lolololol
I never put it on lol. It came with the blower when I bought it. I did have the boost upgrade from moss on there though. It was fun for a few years, but turbos were calling my name and had to swap :cool:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im just using the d16z6 stock crank and the pulleys that came with the kit. I was just wondering which pulley i should change in order to get around 8 to 10 psi.

·
Registered
391 Posts
YGPM.

Check Endyn at www.theoldone.com. I spoke with Larry there early last year and he sold smaller pulleys for the JRSC to upgrade boost.

I'm gearing up to finally do the same, so I'll let you know what turns out. Looking for 8psi as well.

Here's the page for the pulleys: Endyn Blower Pulleys

LHT Performance used to make a slick intercooler machined into the JRSC manifold and used liquid front-mounted (or elsewhere) heat exchanger to cool the charge air. It's not advertised anymore, unfortunately.

With the upgrade pulleys, you get more boost, but do reach a limit quickly as opposed to a turbocharger. BUT it's a steady and linear 8psi (or whatever) boost you want, so you're engine's happier - but you're not going win drags. :D

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks alot man you have been a great help w/ my jrsc. And i will speak with them and take your advice on the 8psi pulleys, and the s300, w/ 440 injectors

·
Registered
391 Posts
thanks alot man you have been a great help w/ my jrsc. And i will speak with them and take your advice on the 8psi pulleys, and the s300, w/ 440 injectors
Anytime brandenj! I plan on keeping this Sol/JRSC for awhile. At least until the better half lets me upgrade my DD. :TU:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts