Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well was long overdue, but i finally retuned and uped the boost to 14psi. man car feels great.
i added some ARPs, Hondata style intake gasket, new head gasket, new wires and a Turbonetics manual boost controller.

took Deck for a spin tonite and he was impressed. now it's dyno time and then need to order my methanol kit:beer:

·
Potato salad!
298 Posts
14psi on my same engine?! Cripes! Are you still running stock internals? I was thinking about beefing mine up, but since matching parts for the d15b is so touchy I've opted not to. I've got a Cometic head gasket though that doesn't count for much.

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spoonfed said:
14psi on my same engine?! Cripes! Are you still running stock internals? .
yes indeed, i still have some injector left for say 18psi. my duty cycle is at 76%. it's all in good tuning!:beer:

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
NastyHabitzCRX said:
yes indeed, i still have some injector left for say 18psi. my duty cycle is at 76%. it's all in good tuning!:beer:
I'm at 17psi right now on my built z6 with 450's and still a tiny bit of headroom. Efficiancy tuning at its finest lol. Fun shit isnt it. I dont think it started to break 3rd gear loose until about 16psi or so. Once it does that HOLD ON because the 4th comes by in a f'n hurry. Next thing you know you're doin 130 and not even trying hard lol.

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bizzar said:
Efficiancy tuning at its finest lol. I dont think it started to break 3rd gear loose until about 16psi or so. .
:werd: i destroyed my 205/60/13s in the past 2 days. first and second gear pulls are no fun without a LSD. i did tune it for 16psi but backed it off just to be safe. my tuner is frickin badass :beer:

·
Potato salad!
298 Posts
NastyHabitzCRX said:
Well, that's it. I'm officially impressed. I'm aiming for 10-11psi with my JRSC. It's great to know other people are pushing so high with the same engine.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
I ran 12psi on my D15B for 30k miles. She likey the boostage. Mind you that was with a Cometic .043 headgasket and ARP's though so not exactly "stock" form.

BTW even WITH an LSD 1-3rd is no fun haha. I need a good dual stage boost controller for sure. 11-13 gets decent traction with the lsd in 2nd sort of.

·
Potato salad!
298 Posts
I've got the real deal Hondata gasket. I port matched the head and JRSC to the gasket at the same time. It helped enough to notice. I think it's worth doing if you've got the manifold off already. Otherwise, I'm not positive it'd be worth the wrench time.

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mr Fo Pow said:
Time to get some track times
i will next month, Battle is coming in October. and we are having a local dyno day here this month:beer:

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Sounds like she is pretty fast. I am thinking about upping my boost too 10lbs :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts