Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
No more Honda's :-(
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone give me a reveiw of this cat back exhaust system, or maybe any pics of it on a 92-95 hatch?

·
Registered
130 Posts
i love mine it was cheap sound nice. the welds are look ok but fitment was greatgoing on 2 yrs now no rust

if i get the camera working i'll have pics

·
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
boud92si said:
i love mine it was cheap sound nice. the welds are look ok but fitment was greatgoing on 2 yrs now no rust

if i get the camera working i'll have pics
'
i would really like to see those pics. glad to hear that you like it.

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
I had a Pacesetter as my first exhaust on my Honda. First impression was that it was a decent exhaust, and the muffler was a very nice design (so it seemed). After a years use, it was unbelievably rusted and I all connections were so tight that I had to cut it apart. Not a bad exhuast for the price, but for a year round (north-east) daily driver, anything not corrosion resistant is doomed.

·
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
boud92si said:
2 winters, lots of salt
dude you are the shit for those pics. 500 d-money for you! btw i'm ordering this exhaust tomorrow or saturday.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Watch for the rust eating its way from the inside out... it'll happen. One day your exhaust will look fine and bam, a hole will blow out or the piping.

Eh, and if you do buy it... cut off the tip. I can't stand that fake chrome with its rolled edge.

·
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
see luckey for me i don't live up north. my winters here are 70 and sunny :p . so i'm going to order this exhaust in about 5 min. if it starts to rust i will pull it off and give it the krylon touch.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i live in canada and there is lots of snow ice and salt. i don't wont too mess lead anyone but i have no problems with mine at all, no muffler blowing out no holes(knock on wood). for the price i think it is great,

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I'm not from anywhere cold, but a friend of mine (who's from Utah) says the secret is to preventing rust is to wash the underside of your car once a week. Just spray water underneath. He said it works better than rustproofing. He had a 300ZX btw. :?:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Our housing contracter drives an older F350 with zero rust. We asked how he did it, he said he jacks the thing up into the air, gives it a thorough wash, and paints it with black Rustoleum every summer. Don't know if that would work with an exhaust system, tho. I suppose if you found some high-temperature paint and did it that way...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yea sure you can take off all the rust you want off the the surface. But I would be most concerned with rust from the inside. There is alot of moisture that builds up in there.

fdmic, just tell us how it goes.

Perhaps take pictures frequently of exhaust, and take notes on its tone change, if any.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I suppose the best way to prolong the life of an exhaust system is to drive the car. I let my old muffler--it wasn't one of these, just generic junk--sit in the parking lot for a couple months, only able to drive it on weekends, and thats all it took to punch a hole. I think it has something to do with the water just sitting in the pipe, rusting away at the metal when it isn't running.

·
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i ordered mine friday morning and it should be here monday. i will take some pics and let everyone know what i think of it.

·
Registered
854 Posts
i had a similar experience to boud92si. cheap, pretty good sound, LOUD on the highway with no cat converter. fitment is outstanding, i was VERY surprised. first thing tho... remove the ghay yellow sticker on the muffler tip.

the muffler won't clear an aftermarket sway bar, so you will have to dent in the canister seam with a hammer. nothing major.

i'll recommend it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts