Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know its ricer but how do i install a monster or any after market tach in a 1997 civic ex with a d16y8? i tried lookin it up everywhere. what wire do i use? the place i found didnt give me very good info and it was showin an old 87 honda or somethin like that style.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
here i have the perfect install for you.

1) carry tach to a body of water near your house
2) drop kick tach into water
3) go home and realize you already have a tach in your guage cluster, which reads off the same signal wire you would be tapping for the "monster mAd TyTe JdM tach".

;)

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
all i really want is the shift light bro. i could care less about the rest
you can wire in just a shift light, they are sold on summit and ebay for cheap. ask jeffs95civcsi about his. his is off ebay and worked well when hooked up, its not right now for some reason. i think he might have kicked it on accedent or something and broke it. there are a few others on the site that just have a light only also.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so he will be able to tell me how to wire it up then? i was thinkin bout just gettin a light from summit my boy has one in his accord but i live in germany now and i cant get ahold of him

·
It's that time again
MAIN ONE IZ A CIVCSI
5,369 Posts
I actualy got mine from a shop near by but i can def. tell you how to wire it.

when you get it it should have three wires ground/coil-/and power and in some cases a forth wire for illumination(some lights turn on when you'd turn on you parking lights) but thats jus tachs for the most part.

so for the coil- signal you can go to the driver side shock tower over by the clutch res. and find a single blue wire with a cover on the end .for the ground jus find a place near by where ever you choose to mount it (has to be metal)and ground it out.as for the power you need a acc. power the most common place you be the ign. power on ur head unit.

bump this thread or pm me when you get it and i can give you some pointer when your installing it.

pssss. 99EJ6T thanks for talkin him out of a rice tach!

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
A little late on this, check out the Stewart Warner shift lights on summit. Has a digital display, 3 brightness levels, peak recall, etc. That's the one I have in mine and I love it. There's a write up in product review I did on it.

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
yeah i use my check engine light as a shift light to :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts