Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 88 crx HF with a d16z6!!! say i have an extra 3grand!!! what parts should i buy for performance? what would be the biggest bang for the buk and where should i start at? and i dont want nitrous!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TURBO TURBO TURBO!!! With that amount of $$ I would say rods low comp pistons and a homemade turbo kit. You could easily get yourself setup with a nice little bit of power going that route. There are also plenty of Greddy kits for sale on here as well. But dont forget the ability to utilize that power once you attain it. Suspension clutch etc... Most importantly I say write down your goals with your car (drag,auto-x,mean daily driver etc) Then find out what its going to take to meet those goals who knows maybe all motor is more what ya need just depends on what you hope to achieve upon completion. Either way youve got a sic motor to start with.

·
Registered
330 Posts
turbo w/ a no2 kit.........do your research before putting down that serious cash bro.....n take your time...it's when ppl don't that they lose money

·
D-series WTF?!?!
Dyno GT Racing Bike
3,674 Posts
i Will say simple Bolt-ons and concertrated on AIR FUEL AND SPARK those are ur main Indredient to be Boosting HP u see the difference

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
2003 Civic Si
3,003 Posts
wut everyone else said. But go boosted with 3k if you have em

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
k thanx guys!!! i plan on making this a drag car/daily driver i wanna be able to run good track times and whoop up on mustangs at traffic lights ya know!!! lemme know what u guys would do if u had this kinda money make a list

Doug

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep your going boost with those goals! Your going to need lower comp pistons stronger rods good turbo setup and decent engine management. 88 isnt that OBDO dont qoute me on this but you might have to go turboedit I think it is for that one. A decent clutch will be required once ya get the power so you can utilize it. I cant remember the listing but there was a setup of pistons rods ARPheadstuds and headgaskets on ebay for $1000. Do your research as to piecing together a kit though definitely not something you want to do without help if youve never done it. Get started reading stickies there is a lot of good info to be had if one takes the time to read up on it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok all you guys really helped out !!!
i think iam goin to build the motor first then turbo it

like umm rods,pistons, and a cam then i think i will make a homemade turbo kit!!! would i be able to use a turbo from a EVO or an STI

Doug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts