Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone,

I am fairly new to the EK/D16 community so I thought I would get some input from the experts! I am on my way to saving up for an EK Hatch with a D16Y7, and after much simping, I have come to the conclusion that I wanna make it fast/trackable. I know the D series motors take a lot to work to make power but I have a base goal of 250ish(+ or 0 10hp)whp. I was wondering what ya'll know about making that possible. I have read that the sleeves in these cars can take 300-400 safely, but I wanted to know what parts(specific or not) I would require or some healthy recommendations. This will most likely be my daily, but I just want to reliably push 250whp N/A. If that seems far fetched it would be greatly appreciated on why it isn't possible, why it is possible, etc.

Thank you,
Auggie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Daily, trackable, with even 200+ whp N/A is pretty unlikely.

There are a couple things you can knock out to grab a few more horsies. Mini Me (or a new engine if your inclined), port, rods, pistons, cams. There are plenty of builds on this forums with dynos posted for you to get an idea of what's probable.

Might not be a bad idea to temper your expectations a bit and go for a more moderate build. You don't need a whole lot of power for a track build.

That being said, don't let me stop you cause here's an example of a D16z6 making 191 whp on the dyno:
Bad Guys 200hp NA Honda Civic
Yeah, I had a feeling that the D16Y7 wouldn't be capable of a number like that, I just wanted to throw the idea out there to see what the crowd thought. I really just want a car with a good power-to-weight ratio. I'll go ahead and do more research to see what extent I can do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts