Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been said enough times already but I just have to say it again. Moates' customer support is second to none!

so my Demon board decided to die today. it was a particularly irritating experience since I felt I was getting somewhere good with my tuning attempts. after saving the latest tune I decided to see how the engine revved without load so I floored the throttle in neutral. it hit the Low Cam limiter at 6000 RPM. so I disabled VTEC Speed Check and floored it again, this time to 7000 RPM and lifted off immediately. the revs came back down to idle and after a second or two I had a CEL and idle at 1500 RPM from the usual 700. limp mode.

I took the ECU cover off and to my dismay the LEDs on the Demon board were dead and NepTune wouldnt connect. I am still not sure if this is a random failure or caused by something specific. decided to reach out to Moates anyway.

me being in India there is a time zone difference and my query submitted via the Moates.net online form reached them sometime early in the morning. by the time I could log off their site and log in to my email account I had a response waiting from none other than the mighty Blundar! after helpfully walking me through a couple of checks he simply asked me to RMA the defective unit and get a free replacement, no questions asked. this is called standing behind one's product and it makes me proud to be associated with people like these.

this stuff being international, logistics would be expensive and / or time consuming and I did not have the patience to wait a month for a replacement. I mentioned this to Dave and he voiced what I had in my head all the time, ie. I pay for another unit, RMA the defective one at my convenience and get refunded when the defective unit was received by Moates. that is exactly what I did.

I will be using a friend's Demon as a stop gap arrangement for the couple of weeks it will take the new Demon to arrive. I can't wait. :)

all shit is bound to break despite the manufacturer's best efforts. what matters is how the manufacturer handles these instances and in this area Moates is second to none. thank you Craig, Bonnie and Dave!

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
They are a great company, I am always very pleased with the timely arrival of my shipments though few. The cool new things they are always releasing make me wish I could call myself an employee.

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Their site is marked "Private" and wont let me go to it??

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
god, total comedy of errors today when I wanted to buy a Burn2 and some fuel injector plug kits from Xenocron. keeping with their policy they canceled my order because my US shipping address was not the same as my Indian credit card billing address and I was a first time customer.

I sent out an SOS to Craig and his personal intervention, Chris agreed to make an exception in my case and after several goofed up attempts with credit cards, PayPal and the browser acting up, the order is finally in.

it has been quite a day. but all is well that ends well. big shouts to both Craig and Chris.

·
Premium Member
The Wife and the Car
2,053 Posts
Superb customer service.

Replacement Board committed to be shipped even before the old board is returned.
After my Nightmare with Bisi was expecting the same or similar treatment. But boy was I zapped by the response from David.

New board already on its way to me. Just so that we have a unit in time for the races.

OP: Figure out why the first board blew. Or you will blow the 2nd board also. I would just use a fresh OBD1 ECU.
And reeving the engine out in Neutral LOL. Hilarious.

·
Registered
99 Hatch
1,348 Posts
Xenocron and moates together take care of their customers. Usually when a product brakes and the distributor says 'call the manufacturer' problems start. I had an issue with my ostrich (my fault) and the xenocron moates team fixed the issue, told me what was wrong, and shipped it back to canada for me. I can't remember witch company fixed it, all I know is i shipped it away broken and got it back fixed. Im now running the demon and absolutely love it; moates product, bought from xenocron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts