Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'95 EJ2
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So last year I bought a Demon RTP system for my B18B1 build on a P75 ecu, I never opened the kit since the motor blew before I could install it. Now I was wondering if the same kit will work on my P06 ECU? I currently have a completely stock '95 DX that I plan on swapping to a D16 at somepoint and turbocharging it down the road.

After the last 2hrs of looking for my answer, all I could find was P06 already chipped ECU's for sale and Moates Demon's site saying "P28/P30/P72" but also other sides selling the same kit saying "OBDI USDM & OBDI JDM ECU's"

If there are already prepped kits on P06's with the Demon RTP kit, then it would make sense it'll work. But then is there other parts that aren't included in the Demon kit I got for my P75.. lol

Thanks guys!

**ADMIN: Could I get this moved to the Engine Management forum**

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
you can make any OBD1 ECU a vtec with a simple conversion..

All this P28/P72 is just to get your hard earned cash. If you have the engine that would need a specific P28/P72 for a swap or something, then yes, that would be the correct ECU.

But once you chip it, any ECU can be a 28/75/06/72 and just depends on the map and vtec conversion. I just think kids these days just like saying they have a P28 or P72 like its a mod or something.

·
Registered
'95 EJ2
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But if I use the P75 thats used to controlling a dohc with completely a different map it wont run properly. Is there a place were I can get the base map to run the D15B7?

Because if I can use the P75 ECU and have the stock basemap then I can start working on getting the Demon installed and ready to drop in after I get the EJ2 back up and running.

·
Registered
'95 EJ2
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you can make any OBD1 ECU a vtec with a simple conversion..

All this P28/P72 is just to get your hard earned cash. If you have the engine that would need a specific P28/P72 for a swap or something, then yes, that would be the correct ECU.

But once you chip it, any ECU can be a 28/75/06/72 and just depends on the map and vtec conversion. I just think kids these days just like saying they have a P28 or P72 like its a mod or something.
Wiring up Vtec to be controlled by the demon is extremely easy, Ive already looked into it.

I was just unaware if the ECU's between a B and D series communicated the same way, but from what you guys are saying its clear they do which is awesome!

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
http://www.xenocron.com/bins/

just comb thru for your D15 bin.. i saw one in the crome menu

Once you chip it, the map goes with the old chip. you will need to transfer the D15 settings into the neptune program thus creating your own D15 profile for neptune.

·
Registered
'95 EJ2
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts